VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 11:01:50 CSTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:19:33 01/07/17 Sat
Author: Comicality
Subject: (Part One)
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "(S) "Safehaven": Chapter 3" on 16:12:53 01/07/17 Sat

"Uhhhh...I can't say that I've got a game strategy for this one, bro! Open to suggestions if you've got 'em!" Frye shouted as the three of us tried to concentrate on the immediate threats in front of us as well as the imminent threat coming up behind us!

"We need a turn off! NOW!" I shouted.

"The Chi isn't built like that, Logan! We get our exits when we get 'em!" Sanchez hollered back.

The giant truck behind us was steadily picking up speed, some of the cars in it's path being rammed and turned backwards from the impact! Countless people getting hurt in the process. Looking in my rearview mirror, I saw the truck's grill barreling down on us, and looked forward just in time to violently swerve to the left around a car that had suddenly flipped over on its side! Sanchez and Frye did their best to keep up, but everything was happening so fast that it was hard for us to concentrate.

Looking ahead, I caught sight of something that I...never thought I'd bear witness too in my life. My jaw dropped as I gripped the wheel with both hands and did what I could to dodge what was in front of me.

Frye gasped out loud. "Are those...are those ANIMALS??? What the fuck???"

Two giraffes took a hurried, long legged, stride across the busy freeway! A large grizzly bear and full grown gorillas running parallel to the street! Jesus Christ!

"Lincoln Park Zoo's been compromised!" Frye screamed, and we all found ourselves not only dodging large animals, but other cars trying to dodge them as well! "This is some crazy shit!!! What the....SHIT!!!" Our car tires continued to squeal with every lean and maneuver, more cars were crashing into each other ahead as that monster of a truck created complete pandemonium behind us.

Trying to maintain my speed without flipping over myself, I looked ahead to see an exit coming up. "Get to the right! North Avenue exit!!! We need to get into the downtown area, pronto!"

"It ain't going to be any better on the inside, Logan!" Sanchez said. "We should blaze forward to Michigan Ave???"

"We're not gonna MAKE IT to Michigan Ave!!!" Frye yelled, just before two civilians jumped onto the hood of his car in a panic! "Off!!! Get off!!!" They were doing their best to hold on, but were blocking his entire windshield so he couldn't see where he was going! "FUCK!!!" A car rammed Frye from the side, smashing him up against the railing on the right side of the road and slowing him down as a bright shower of sparks flew up in every direction. Meanwhile, Sanchez was still trying to force his way over from the left lane to follow me off of the Drive at the North Avenue exit. Someone was directly in my blindspot but I had to give him a bump to get him to back off! He swerved into the side of a sports car and nearly lost control of his vehicle before getting straight again. Thank God! I didn't want to hurt anybody, but this was a matter of survival at this point. No holds barred!

Sanchez and I saw Frye in trouble. He had been slowed down enough that the truck mauling everything in its path was practically in his backseat! The car crushing him from the side was nearly pushing him over the railing. Sanchez hollered out, "He's not gonna make it!"

Dammit!!! I tried to think as quickly as possible, and then said, "I'm on it! Give me an assist!"

Sanchez said, "That's....that's a fucking TRUCK! A big ass, BIG ASS, TRUCK!!! I hope to God you know what you're doing!"

"Let's just say a little improvisation goes a long way!"

"I hope somebody told HIM that!"

Sanchez did everything that he could to force himself over into the right lane, and I tried to watch the people in front of me while simultaneously looking at the mess behind me! More animals were racing across the street towards Lake Michigan, some of them smashing windshields as fists, feet, hooves, and claws, hopped from car to car in an attempt to escape the horrors behind them. The scream of more military choppers roared overhead, straining to get into the city as quickly as humanly possible to suppress the riots while the downtown area was still salvageable! I actually saw plumes of black smoke coming up between the skyscrapers ahead, and I knew that we were already losing whatever battle we started when we raged war on these...'things'!

"I can't see where I'm going!!!" Frye yelled. "Get OFF!!!"

"I got you!" I said, getting into position.

"This truck is on my ASS, Logan!"

"I TOLD you, I got you! Just hang in there for a few more seconds!" I said.

Frye turned his windshield wipers on...as though that was going to get two adult males to jump off of the hood of his car! Then, a small cluster of monkeys from the zoo jumped on the hood as well, freaking them out and causing them to accidentally roll off to the side into oncoming traffic. I clenched my eyes shut for a moment to avoid seeing the carnage behind me, but had to stay focused. That car was still smashing him against the railing.

Sanchez came swerving in from the left, and we were almost side by side on the street. Just as the truck was a single car length away from Frye, I got into position in front of the car pinning him down, and I slammed HARD on the brakes!

The car beside Frye crashed into the back of me with the force of a charging rhino, crunching the entire front of his engine half way back to his steering wheel! Frye's car was set free from the collision, and the other car was sent reeling back into the path of the truck following us! I hit the gas just in time to see the other car get rammed by the truck, spin to the side, and then have half the tires roll right OVER him like a tank!

"Fuck! PUNCH IT, Frye!!!" We both tried to pick up as much speed as we could, but that truck was breathing down the back of our necks! Sanchez finally made it over and he slowed down enough to try to use his back bumper to slow it down a bit. I caught on to the plan and did the same, hoping that it wouldn't roll over us the way it did the other cars in its path.

Frye's car had taken a lot of damage, but he tried to speed out of harm's way, with me and Sanchez doing all we could to keep that truck from decimating all three of us. I gritted my teeth and tried to press the break as far down as I could to slow this fucker DOWN, but both Sanchez and I found ourselves unable to do much to keep from being toppled over under the weight of this thing, even if it did 'fishtail' back and forth a few times.

Finally, we reached the North Avenue turn off, and Frye's damaged vehicle veered off to the right and got out of harms way. "He's out of play! Let's move!" I said, and both Sanchez and I hit the gas and went FLYING off to the right to get that truck off of our asses and turn off of the drive before we all ended up in a ditch somewhere!

I felt bad for the people who still had to deal with the craziness that we were rapidly escaping from, but I had to stay focused. Had to stay on task. Hold on, Spencer! Daddy's coming as fast as he can!

"How are you holding up, Frye?" Sanchez asked.

"I'll make it. I'm banged up pretty bad, but I'm functional."

"Good news!" I told him. "Because we're not at the finish line yet!"

"Good news, he says. Doesn't sound all that great to me."

As we turned towards the heavily populated downtown area...I could clearly see military grade bullet holes in the walls and the concrete of the sidewalks and pavement in front of us. Buildings on fire. Huge holes made by deadly explosions. The whole world was falling apart, and the military was reacting in a way too hostile to be considered a solution. We were reaching a level of simply cutting our losses, civilian casualties be damned. This isn't going to end well for anybody. I need to get to Spencer and get him OUT of this hysteria before it's too late.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• (Part Two) -- Comicality, 16:20:31 01/07/17 Sat
  • >> -- Mike84, 17:55:45 01/07/17 Sat
  • Chaos -- Remijay, 19:02:31 01/08/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.