VoyForums

Sunday, April 22, 2018 17:20:20 CSTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:46:50 12/10/17 Sun
Author: Comicality
Subject: A Question...

Now...this was a comment made about the "Billy Chase" series last night, and I'm not taking any offense to it. I just want to know what you guys think as readers and fans of the series. It has been a long long time, and you guys know how hard I work to keep Billy's life, his attitudes, and his approach to problems that he's never dealt with before as a 15 year old boy, as realistic as possible. He's not an idiot, but he's not a super genius either. Billy is supposed to be your average teenager, trying to navigate life as best as he can. Period.

Now, I only have one life experience to draw from, personally. I was a shy kid. Insecure. Boy crazy at times, but I'd like to think that I had some heart in the way that I dealt with things. And I'm constantly trying to instill those values in the characters that I create. But...when I'm busy or exhausted, it does take me a really long time to get new chapters out. And in this 'Netflix Binge' era...I can't ever hope to keep up with the demand of folks looking for an 'ending'. Imagine if someone had bought the first Superman comic book nearly 80 YEARS ago, saying, "When is this story going to be OVER already???" Yikes! Sucks to be that guy! LOL!

Anyway, this was the comment:

"You know I love your writing, however, are these people intellectually challenged? Can they not make rational decisions or work through anything logically. I know even adults cannot do that a lot of the time. But really, both Billy and Brandon are smart-- why do they make things so hard? I'm getting tired of this dragging out. The whole Jimmy thing is just an irritation that will never end, he lost all credibility. Why do they all use the phone so much when trying solve problems. The face-to-face is so that they cannot just hang-up on you. The short chapters are a killer-- nothing gets done. I'm about willing to pay to get to the end of the story quickly. There are too many stories in progress. How about a schedule of which story get a new chapter next. I really do appreciate you."

I doubt this was meant to be mean. It brings up some points that I want to know about. I want to hear from you guys. Everything doesn't have to be positive 100% of the time. Let me know. Is this story going in the wrong direction? Are you aggravated by the pacing? Are things not moving fast enough. I mean, every chapter is just one 24 hour period. One day in the life of a teenage boy. He's 15. Please keep that in mind. Still...it's a fictional story, and it's meant to be entertaining. Not frustrating. So if there's something that truly bothers you to the point of tearing your heart out from week to week, please let me know. Either here or in a private email. I want to hear what you have to say.

That does not mean that I'll feel insulted by anything you have to say. Nor does it mean that I'll cave and do things your way instead of mine. Because if you guys knew how to write the perfect story...you'd be writing it yourself. But I'm always interested in what you all have to say. K?

You guys KNOW that I always write every word from the heart. These stories are a direct and honest reflection of who I really am as a person. I don't expect to please everybody, but I also don't want my emotions to get in the way of writing a competent story for others to enjoy.

Anyway, let me know what you think down below, or send me a private email at Comicality@webtv.net if you don't want your comments to be made public. K?

Also, this is JUST about the "Billy Chase" story itself! K? Don't go into attack mode! Hehehe, it's ok. This is someone who's been a faithful reader, and I welcome his input. Just as I do yours. So let's stay focused, k?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.