VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Saturday, August 08, 2020 4:51:02 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:26:23 06/02/20 Tue
Author: River Acheron
Subject: TOTALLY agree!
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "An interesting idea! And YES, I think they do! :)" on 20:43:59 06/02/20 Tue

You absolutely have my permission, thank you in fact!

I love how you brought up videogames! I was going to touch upon that, as a matter of fact. I have both 'The Philosophy of Zelda' and 'The Philosophy of Warcraft', and (aside from other philosophical issues like logic, and ethics, a good bulk of both books touch upon what happens to the characters when we turn off the game? There's an entire anime based on something very similar called .hack//SIGN which raises these questions. It's about a young boy called Tsukasa who is playing a MMORPG called The World. It takes place in the not too distant future, so it's kinda 'Ready Player One' level of technology, they wear headsets, etc....only problem is, he cannot log out of the game. And he has amnesia and begins question who or what he is.

Also, I do not know if you are a Stephen King fan or read The Dark Tower (A huge time investment! lol), but it really touches upon these kinda things...it's all about reality jumping, and even the characters jumping into Stephen King's OTHER stories, like Salem's Lot and The Stand, and even our REAL world in which Stephen King himself is writing The Dark Tower. It's insane!

But yes...do our characters exist in physical reality is only a question that theoretical quantum physics can answer. I'm a big supporter of the Multiverse, so I think so. There would, say, be a universe where the Gone From Daylight world is real, actually happened and exactly as you wrote it, but yet another one where that universe is still real, yet Taryn, who never got turned, is a struggling college dude now in his 20's who moved to Seattle with his brother Alec and is writing a novel about YOUR fictional life. Or another universe where it's 2369 AD a REAL LIFE Benjamin Sisko took over a Cardassian Space Station called Terok Nor and renamed it Deep Space 9. Or another one where everything is EXACTLY the same as this one, but your eyes are a different color. Absolutely! Every conceivable notion one could think of must be realized.

It's an interesting theory and one they THINK is close to being proven. Time will tell. :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.