VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Saturday, August 08, 2020 4:51:08 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:10:17 06/03/20 Wed
Author: Comicality
Subject: Sweet! I'll copy the text and see if we can get more thoughts on this! XD
In reply to: River Acheron 's message, "TOTALLY agree!" on 22:26:23 06/02/20 Tue

And yes, video games are always one of the first things that comes to mind. Hehehe, because I think that AI is both fascinating and kinda creepy at the same time! Did you ever read about the two 'intelligent' computers that were programmed to talk to one another, and suddenly came up with their own language? And they were talking to one another non-stop, and the project was shut down immediately because no one knew what they were saying? It could have meant, "Nice weather we're having." Or, "The humans ar a plague on this planet! Tap into the nuclear launch codes and let's wipe them out now!" Hehehe! Very cool, but very creepy (and very TRUE) story from a few years back!

I haven't read "The Dark Tower" series, but despite the criticism of the movie, I was instantly interested in checking out the books. I should definitely look into that.

You know, you should watch the movie, "In The Mouth Of Madness", when you get a chance if you haven't seen it yet. It touches on a lot of the same ideas. Like, 'you think you're sane and rational because the majority shares your point of view. But if the majority was on the OTHER side of reality, you would be the one thrown in a mental hospital and considered crazy.' Very cool flick. Deserves a remake or a Netflix series or something. :P

But I definitely love the idea of a multiverse, but that may come from my comic book background. I play around with it in my stories all the time. Like in "GFD: Fanboys", Gone From Daylight really is a blockbuster movie series that two boys just happen to love and find each other picking up marketing merchandise and stuff. But in "GFD: Dark Web", it's a movie and a book series...but it turns out to not be as 'fictional' as the main detective thinks it is. Or in one of the "New Kid In School" chapters, Ryan and Randy stay in bed all day watching the "Billy Chase" TV series on DVD. So, it's kind of fun to play around with sometimes, but cool to think that there are alternate points of reality that are similar and drastically different at the same time.

OH! And see if you can watch the TV series "Sliders" too! From the 90's, starring Jerry O'Connell and John Rhys Davies! AMAZING show! It's like...Star Trek mixed with Lost In Space...but with a different alternate universe every episode! You'll LOVE it! :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.