VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Thursday, June 04, 2020 1:09:58 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:51:32 04/08/15 Wed
Author: Akoplay
Subject: I don't know how to summarize my feelings towards this chapter.
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "(S) "My Only Escape 20"" on 18:46:17 04/07/15 Tue

But it was definitely intense. It also inspired admiration to Zack, and it was harsh and sad at the same time. It inspired admiration, because Zack really stood up for himself till the end (that could have really been the end of his life, even if we can't be sure his father would have gone that far). It was harsh because of the violence of it all. Harsh and sad, because this admirable resistance was to no avail. :(

But at the same, it seems like a "logical" end. Zack could never have surpass his father in strength. And killing his father using poison or something else that would have prevent his father of using his strength? That wouldn't have been a good thing to do for Zack. It would have change him, and I don't think it would have been in a good way. What he needs to do, it's asking help, talking, telling what his father is doing to people than can help him.

I think I get why Zack didn't do it that way, though. His father brutalized him so much, made him feel like he was worthless, that nobody could love him, that he wasn't worth the effort to stand up for himself. And he suddenly realizes fully that the abuse wasn't his fault. He realizes fully what his father did to him. And the anger rises. So, fighting with his father was a way to show that fighting for himself was worth the effort, to let all his anger express itself. Things that he wouldn't feel as vividly, if he asked for help. At least, that's what I felt, after reading this chapter. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. :( Zack has to ask help.

I'm very touched by Brody and Zack's friends, who tried to help him in their own way. It seems that Zack won't be able to hide completely what's happening to him to them, from now on. They may not imagine how bad it really is, but I don't think they will be fooled to think everything is just fine.

I'm afraid about what will be the consequences of this rebellion...

I really hope Zack will get the happy end he deserves.

Thanks for this chapter, Comicality.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.