VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Thursday, June 04, 2020 0:23:03 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:22:22 05/12/15 Tue
Author: Comicality
Subject: I could do it right now, if you like...
In reply to: Cirrus 's message, "Hey hey hey - when was the last time YOU started *and* finished a story with original characters in a week? :p" on 15:21:41 05/11/15 Mon

You um...DID read the part where I said that I LIKED your story, right? Liked? In the positive? Did I write that wrong? I'm confused.

WHO'S 'complaining'??? What 'guilt'? I said that I never let you guys know to come up with a completely different story, took full responsibility for it, and then said that I was GLAD that your story fit the rules that I gave out. I enjoyed it. Don't know where guilt and shame would come from for using your own characters but...okaaaay...

Yes, I meant parentheses. I remember reviewing a story of your from Imagine magazine where you used them before. That's a personal choice. Mostly because I usually only see parentheses in technical documents or on a list of instructions. I might use them on the forums or in my emails, but not in the stories. It's very rare. So I mentioned again that I try to avoid them. It's not like I said, "Those parentheses RUINED the whole experience!" It was just something I happened to notice.

I don't know if you took my review the wrong way, but I really did like your story, Cirrus. K?

However...if you want to nearly attack me and how I write as some sort of a defense or whatever, I'll bite. I don't know why I have to prove myself again and again (a 17 year long stretch isn't exactly a 'fluke'), but fair is fair.

Short story. Same amount of time given. Same word requirements. Original story. Original characters. No 'to be continued' cuts. Due by Friday. K?

All while doing my Comsie duties and everything else. I'll start tonight. So the NEXT time somebody asks, "when was the last time YOU started *and* finished a story with original characters in a week?", you'll have an answer for them. No more guesses on whether or not I'm 'capable' of doing something as unthinkable as the awful torture I must have put you through last week.

So...game on.

And cheer up. I LIKED your story! Remember? Geez...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.