VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Monday, May 25, 2020 7:19:36 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:16:32 05/13/15 Wed
Author: Comicality
Subject: Thanks, Cirrus...
In reply to: Cirrus 's message, "Well played sir, well played" on 06:18:44 05/12/15 Tue

Nah, not a grumpy place, really.

It's just that sometimes people forget that it's just as hard for me to write a story as it is for everyone else. I started from ground zero too. So, maybe I read what you said and felt the same way you mentioned below. Like I was being accused of 'cheating' somehow. By having established characters, or using 'to be continued', or being 'too wordy' as you always say in emails. It's who I am, you know? Take it or leave it. I'm not cheating. Don't need to. I worked and struggled hard to make a name for myself. And I don't need a silly crutch to cheat. I can hold my own just fine. I make sure that I can back up any trash talk that I toss out there. Always.

My apologies if you thought that was what I meant with my review. It wasn't. It was a comment on my own folly for not mentioning it. I told Mike84 the same thing in his review, if you read it. So your response felt like you were angrily shoving me in the chest. Why?

"What about YOUR stories, huh? When did YOU finish one? When did YOU try doing one in a week? How about YOUR capital letters when you write? How about YOU just continuing with YOUR established characters? I doubt you could even WRITE a story in a week! YOU couldn't do it! Bet you can't! Huh??? HUH?!?!"

I mean...how does that not sound defensive? I wasn't being mean to you, I swear. It felt like a total retaliation for something I didn't even do. Why was MY credibility suddenly in question? Where did that even come from? But that was the challenge. You set it up...I accepted...and I'm done. Anyone else on the Library is more than welcome to jump in if they like.

No hard feelings. Promise. I just hope you can go back and read my original post and understand that if I was poking any fun at all, then the joke was on ME. Not on you. I won't being sending any negative writer comments or criticisms your way again. You have my word.

As for the parentheses, I noticed them because I remembered them from another story of yours that I enjoyed (Another sign that I liked your writing) and it may have only appeared twice...but in a story that's only a page and a half long, it's noticeable. Like a single 'exclamation mark' in a Jesse chapter...

Hey...if nothing else, everybody gets a couple of sweet short stories out of this, right? :P

Silver lining! Hehehe!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.