VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Thursday, June 04, 2020 0:32:01 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:33:58 05/18/15 Mon
Author: JD
Subject: Part 1
In reply to: JD 's message, "The 31st Century Chapter 1" on 17:03:18 05/18/15 Mon

Chapter 1 – The Past, Earth, 21st Century –

“Christopher Timothy Theiran!” A redheaded woman shouted at the top of her lungs to her son. “Look at these piss poor grades! A ‘D’ in Math, ‘D’ in English, 'D' in Science, ‘F’ in History, ‘C’ in PE, and a ‘D’ in Reading! I can’t even go on to look at the comments!”

She was so loud he felt ten times smaller than his normally 5’ stature in her presence. Her brown eyes seemed to pierce holes into his thin small body, but he couldn’t stand to look at her straight in the eye every time she yelled. Chris, as many of his classmates call him, was a twelve year old boy who appeared normal to the untrained eye, but he spent a lot of his time playing his favorite game, Mechwarrior 4 in the game pods at the local mall. He remembered getting instantly hooked once he started playing it. In no time flat, he became a team member of a group called Clan Ghost Bear. They played on select nights when other teams challenged them to a game. Sure, it was all fun and games, but there have been times when things got real serious. Some players took their game play too far and had less fun playing it. Chris knew very well it was only a game, but the gaming commission also had prizes for the top players every month. At the first of the month, they inform the teams what prizes are available for the month and this time it was a brand new quad core AMD 64-bit, top of the line computer with all the latest bells and whistles. Chris had been so determined to get that computer; he spent hours and hours in the pods playing till it was time to close up. Sure, he did his homework, but it wasn’t enough to satisfy his mother. She had been on his case about schoolwork since he joined the team, and didn’t stop until now.

“Starting tomorrow, you will come straight home! No more going to the games!”

“But Mom!” Chris protested. He wanted to further explain the importance of the prize but his mother held up her hand so fast, he didn’t see her move.

“No Buts! After school, you come straight home young man!”

Defeated, Chris let out a mumbled, “Yes, Mother.”

She barely heard it, and was about to yell at him again so she could hear him better, but the door opened and a dark blond haired man of about six feet tall entered the kitchen. He knew his wife was yelling at their son and didn’t want to enter the house when she was doing so. He always loved his wife and son, but hated to see his wife yell at Chris. He was rather gentle with him, as he had experienced a traumatic childhood growing up. He wanted his son to be able to have a better life than he did, but it didn’t seem to be going that way.

“Hi honey,” Mr. Theiran spoke as he made his way over to give his wife a kiss. She stopped him cold in his tracks, as she wasn’t in the mood for a kiss. She immediately handed him the report card she was holding in her hand the whole time.

“Chris, go to your room and start your homework. Dad and I need to talk,” She said as she turned to her husband. Chris just stood there, as if he didn’t hear her tell him to leave. He was hoping his dad would come to his rescue. When Chris didn’t move and his mother noticed him still standing there, she was quick to scare him away with her words. She almost hated repeating herself more than twice as she stared him down waiting for him to move.

“Beat it!” She snapped as she raised her left arm and pointed towards the hall.

Tears welled up in his eyes as he turned to leave the kitchen and walked to his room sulking.

“Hey, Kath, he’s only twelve! Give him a little break.” Mr. Theiran spoke gently to his wife, trying not to add more fuel to the fire. He had finished looking over the report card and placed it on the table.

“Simon, you have always been easy on him! That is the main reason he has so much freedom, and that stops now! I will not stand for it and watch our son throw his life away to some stupid game! Sure I know your childhood wasn’t all that good, but that doesn’t mean you have to go easy on him!” Kath repeated the final sentence for extra measure to get her point across.

“Honey, it won’t be forever!” Simon said raising his voice slightly and feeling taken aback at her previous statement. “I don’t like yelling at Chris and you know why! Now look what you’ve done! It’s happening all over again! I thought I knew you better than that!”

Kath gave Simon a very evil look. It was a look that could kill, as she really didn’t like the way her husband has been. Sure, he had been so nice all the time, she was wondering if there was some hidden motive of his for being the way he is. She also often wondered if he was a little ‘too’ nice to Chris.

Kath sighed and turned to face the hall, but Simon decided to leave the kitchen and go check on Chris.

“Just where do you think you’re going?!” Kath shouted, causing Simon to twitch.

Simon turned his head and coldly stated, “To talk to our son that you hate so much.”

There was a slight pause as she stared at Simon for a few seconds. “Fine! You can sleep on the couch tonight! Maybe for the rest of the week too!”

Simon walked out of the kitchen as Kath was yelling her final words, but chose to ignore them. He had been wondering what had gotten into her. She was never like this before, not while Chris had good grades. He understood that she was a bit flexible when it came to slightly average grades and always was optimistic when it came to encouraging improvement. Once Simon made it to Chris’s closed bedroom door, he knocked on it lightly. “Can I come in?”

He heard a faint ‘yes’ and opened the door, then closed it behind him. Chris was sitting against the headboard of his bed with his knees up to his stomach and his arms holding them. His head was deeply buried in between.

“I’m sorry about mom, kiddo. I don’t know what else to do. But please do me a favor Chris. Could you at least bring your grades up some? I would like to see your mother happy again. I really hate it when she yells. I just don’t know what else to do.” Simon softly spoke as he made his way to sit at the edge of the bed.

Chris looked up with red eyes. It was obvious he had been crying since being sent to his room. “I, I, I…” he sniffled, “wanted the grand prize so bad, I played a lot. I did my homework too, but I guess it wasn’t enough.”

Simon appeared to show interest in the grand prize as Chris mentioned. “A new computer, eh? I’m guessing you would play Mechwarrior on it, is that why?”

Chris looked back down and sniffled, “Yea… and maybe some other games too.”

Simon sighed, “You know very well mother will just take it away. I don’t think she cares anymore. But, please put some effort into your studies.”

Chris looked up at his dad questionably, “I’ll try.”

Simon smiled and ruffled Chris’s hair, “That’s all I ask, son. I don’t mind a ‘C’ average boy, but it could be a little better. Com’ere, gimme a hug.”

Chris was quick to give his dad a hug and Simon accepted it by squeezing him tightly. Once the hug broke up after a few moments, Simon stood up and was about to leave when Chris spoke, “Dad, why is mom always miserable?”

Simon sighed and looked down. “I don’t know. Every time I try and find out, she just bites my head off. Don’t worry about it.”

Chris looked dumbfounded at his response as he was expecting his dad to know the answer. Simon opened the door, still looking down. He almost ran into Kath, who was eavesdropping right outside. She had heard the whole conversation and was fuming mad. She stared down Simon then looked at Chris with the same stare. Chris slightly flinched and he became more worried for his dad’s and his own safety. Once Simon left and closed the door, yelling could be heard in the background moments later. Chris tried his best to ignore the yelling. He was curious as to what they were talking about, but he stopped himself from doing so. Instead, he took out his iPod from his backpack, hooked up the earpieces to his ears, and turned it on so he could listen to music while he did his homework.

The homework assignments consisted of English, History, Math, Science, and some light reading. It took Chris several hours to complete them, but he did. Once the homework was completed, Chris took the earpieces off and listened for a minute. It was nothing but silence. He shrugged, stood up and made his way to the door. Once he opened it, he looked out in the hall for any lights on and noticed the living room light was on. Thinking to himself as he made the way to use the bathroom, ‘Dad must be in the livin’ room sleeping.’

Chris took care of all the necessities before going to bed. He stopped and looked at himself in the mirror. He had light brown hair and steel blue eyes, eyes that could capture anyone’s attention. His eyes then traveled down to the rest of his body and he broke out a small grin thinking how ‘sexy’ he looked. Once he was finished, he headed to his room and stripped to his boxers before climbing into the bed. He thought of the day’s events for a minute or two, switched the lamp off and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning seemed a bit weird when Chris woke up. The TV was normally on as his dad usually watched the morning news while mom prepared a light breakfast. That however, wasn’t happening. The house remained silent to Chris. The noise he could only hear was his shallow breathing and the thumping of his heart. Curious, he walked from his room, through the hall, and into the living room. His eyes went wide as his body went into shock. He was looking at the sight of his dad in a pool of blood beneath him. He was beginning to lose his composure as tears began to well up in his eyes. It felt like forever, but only a few minutes had passed, he finally gained the courage to come to his senses and look around the room for his mom. She was nowhere to be found. Chris had to think fast as he feared for his safety. Quickly, he ran back to his bedroom, got dressed, shoved his schoolbooks in his backpack, along with a few clothes. When he was done, he hurriedly made his way into the bathroom, took his things, and stuffed it into the bag. Chris didn’t care how much noise he was making, he wanted to get out of there and fast!

The minute he had everything ready, he ran straight into the kitchen and was about to leave the back door when he found his mother standing there, looking very psychotic. Her red hair was a mess. Her brown eyes looked droopy, as if she had been smoking weed all night, but no such smell emanated through the house. She however, was holding a very long knife which was covered with blood. Chris began to panic as he was fumbling with the door trying to escape as his mom moved closer to him. She crept up on him slowly as if to savor the moment. She wanted to enjoy herself as she got closer and closer to her son. She wanted to end his life here and now so there were no witnesses. That however, wasn’t meant to happen as the door was suddenly ripped off its hinges and pulled outwards and landed on the ground with a loud crash. At first Chris looked shocked and wasn’t sure what to do till he heard a voice in his head.

**Go! Move it, boy!**

Chris never gave it a second thought as he dashed out the door. He didn’t bother looking back as he could care less what would happen to his mother. He ran as fast as he could. One thing Chris had failed to notice was; a large man in a blue and black robe was standing in between his house and the next. He had a hooded cloak covering his face and a long grey beard was flowing down from his hidden face. Once the tall man was satisfied Chris was out of harms way, he chanted a spell that was spoken in another language. As he was speaking its final words, fire erupted from within the house and the wizard suddenly disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris ran and ran till his legs couldn’t carry him any more. He had to stop and take a break at a nearby alleyway. As he slumped down to his knees, the tall dark man appeared out of nowhere, startling the boy.

He slowly walked towards the boy holding out his hand, “Do not be afraid, I saved you from any harm.”

Chris wasn’t sure whether to believe what he saw or not. “How do I know you are telling the truth?! How can I trust you? And why are you dressed like a wizard? It isn’t Halloween!”

The man chuckled and sent a thought to Chris, surprising him. **Everything is fine now. There is something I’d like to show you**

Chris wasn’t sure what he heard in his head, but he was willing to play the stranger’s game. “Fine, I’ll play your game. What is it you want to show me?”

The stranger chuckled and removed his hooded cloak. His hair was combed towards the back and it was very white. His blue eyes stared down at Chris as if they were searching his soul. “First, please call me Merlin. I’m from the future. I was sent back in time by my Khan to find you before they do. Here, let me show you exactly where I came from.” Merlin brought his hand up to a wall and concentrated on it. The bricks slowly gave way to images of the future as if one was looking at a movie preview. There were several odd-looking BattleMechs fighting in the background. A various array of lasers, machine guns, and missiles filled the air as an ongoing battle took place between two clans. Chris couldn’t believe what he was watching and looked back at Merlin in surprise.

Merlin lowered his hand and the images began to fade until there was nothing but brick. “You are the supposed chosen one who will bring peace and restore order to the Clans and Inner-Sphere. I cannot go into further detail; the Khan will explain everything to you. My only job was to retrieve you and bring you into the future, if you are willing to leave your life behind here. But I must warn you to think fast as I was followed back in time.”

Chris was surprised to hear what Merlin had said. He wasn’t sure whether to believe him, but he knew this was for real. He had to wonder if the game helped prepare him, but he was sure it would be nothing like a real-live battle.

Chris was deep in thought before he gave Merlin his answer. “Why me?”

Merlin had to let out a small laugh, “You are the best Mechwarrior this time frame had to offer. Of course, I’ve been watching you play in those pods ever since you started. The council was afraid you might not start playing the game. They almost had to send me here to give you a slight nudge to try the game. I’m glad I didn’t have to. But yes, I could have picked anyone out of the list of players who are dedicated to the game. Should I have not arrived, this world began to slowly start to turn for the worse. I can’t get into too much detail, but humanity almost destroyed itself to the point where they became divided and forgot who they were. It was a matter of who thought alike and who thought differently. Yes, it was lame, but that’s what I’ve learned after all these years.” Merlin rolled his eyes at mentioning ‘lame’, causing a small giggle out of Chris.

Chris being partly satisfied with his answer thought some more. He spoke up after a few moments. “What is the name of your team?”

Merlin chuckled, “We don’t use the term ‘team’ anymore. We are a clan known as the Fierce Panthers. I’m sure you’ll get acquainted with our clan history and whatnot. But for now, my top priority is you.“

Chris scrunched up his face and asked his next question, “You said someone followed you, I don’t see anyone here that followed you. Are you sure about that?”

Merlin’s facial expression became serious as Chris asked his question. “’They’ are the Knights of the Apocalypse. They have an equally powerful wizard who could give me a run for my money, but I’m slightly better,” Merlin said with a wink as to not let his ego expand too much.

Chris looked down then back up at the wizard, “31st Century?”

Merlin nodded, ‘yes’. “Close to the end of it. Time is running out. We’d better leave; I have a gut feeling we’ve been discovered. Are you coming with me?”

Chris grinned, “I’d be a fool if I said no. I’m gunna miss it here, but there is nothing left for me. But…” Chris sniffled a little become continuing, “What about my dad?”

“We will mourn his loss when we get you to safety, ok?” Chris nodded and Merlin continued, Ready?”

Chris nodded again as he slowly wiped a tear from his eye.

Merlin grinned as he backed away a few steps and held up his left hand as if to grasp something that wasn’t there. He didn’t say anything, but his wizard’s staff suddenly appeared out of thin air, into his left hand. Chris was surprised, as he had never seen ‘real’ magic. Merlin had to chuckle some then raised his staff to the beginning of the alleyway, behind Chris. He spoke a few unknown words and suddenly, blue lightning filled the air. As the wind picked up, a blue swirling portal appeared directly behind Chris. He turned around to see the portal and his mouth was hanging open and then closing, as if he were sucking on air like a fish.

Merlin talked towards Chris and placed his right hand on his shoulder. “We’ll talk about it later, we need to leave.”

Chris looked up at Merlin, closed his mouth, and nodded. Merlin simply gave him a small smile and began to walk towards the portal. Once he was satisfied with it, he held out his right hand, signaling for Chris to take it. Chris took his hand as Merlin told him, “Hold on tight. Can’t lose you in one of these. If I did, my head would be on display in the Khan’s chambers!”

Chris gulped and squeezed Merlin’s hand tighter. Merlin smiled as he looked down then back towards the portal. Suddenly, a crash of red lightning filled the alleyway from behind. Another wizard had appeared wearing a similar cloak as Merlin’s, but it was red and black in color. Merlin quickly looked back to see who it was. ‘Oh shit! I don’t have time to deal with a Dark Mage now!’

Once the Dark Mage set his sights upon Merlin and Chris, he broke into a very sinister smile. “Hand over the boy, Merlin. If you think about fighting here, you’ll end up changing the course of history!”

“Oh, but I already have!” Merlin quickly countered as he moved his staff to his right hand. “I suppose you aren’t going to take your own advice for that matter. Try and stop me, I dare you! I am leaving with the boy!” Merlin turned and showed his backside to the Dark Mage who was now fuming with rage. Chris also turned and was about to take a step forward as Merlin began to walk, but the Dark Mage had other plans.

The Dark Mage raised his staff and his right hand into the air and chanted an unknown language only Merlin was able to recognize. Within seconds, red crackling electricity began forming at the tip of the mage’s fingers and was about to shoot bolts of red lightning at Merlin and Chris.

Merlin expected this and instantly spun around right as the bolt of lightning shot out of the Dark Mage’s fingertips. He crouched down towards the ground, slammed his staff in front of himself, and wordlessly formed a defensive barrier. The red lightning hit hard and a rumble of thunder could be heard immediately after the hit.

The Dark Mage chuckled, “You’ll have to do better than that old man! How do you expect to defeat me here if you cannot do so when you are in the ‘mech cockpit? Every time we met on the battlefield, I easily won! What makes you so sure you can defeat me now?!”

Merlin chuckled so much he almost lost his balance. “So you think you know me well enough to be able to defeat me outside the cockpit. Sure, they limit our use of magic on the battlefield in ‘mechs, but right here and right now, this is my turf!” Merlin’s voice intensified as he flatly stated his point and slowly arose from his crouched state, emphasizing the word ‘outside’ and ‘turf’. “Just so you know, the rules do not apply to me here.” Merlin rolled up his sleeves and shifted his staff from his right hand to his left. The Dark Mage simply chuckled as if he didn’t believe Merlin and thrust his staff forward so hard, a large shockwave rumbled through the alleyway towards Merlin and Chris!

Merlin shook his head and the skies quickly darkened. Chris began to look around him noticing how quickly it got dark then turned his attention to the incoming shockwave.

“You underestimated me!” Merlin bellowed as he swiftly batted away the shockwave with his right hand, then rose his arms conjuring up lightning. The air got thicker and small objects were suddenly rising from the ground. Merlin then pulled his arms back then thrust them forward again and shouted, “Guh t'ay imigh l'aet!” A massive blue and white shockwave formed several meters in front of Merlin then immediately shot forward towards the Dark Mage along with his own shockwave.

The Mage continued chuckling, but his chuckle didn’t last long and his expression changed to a frown and then fear. He then realized he was way out of his league as he watched Merlin bat his shockwave away towards himself and form an even more powerful shockwave. He tried to form a defensive spell, but the first shockwave hit him before he could complete it. The second shockwave was too much, and it sent him flying into the air, and he smacked against the brick wall directly behind him with a loud crunch.

Merlin grinned, as he was satisfied with his work. “Next time, I will not hold back!” The skies suddenly started to clear up and darkness became light. Merlin looked down towards Chris and noticed he had a look on his face that was asking many questions. Merlin knew he would have to explain a lot once Chris became more comfortable with his new surroundings.

Merlin placed his left hand on Chris’s shoulder after transferring his staff to his right hand. “The questions can wait. We need to get going,” Merlin spoke softly at the unspoken questions Chris wanted to ask.

Chris nodded and turned to face the portal.

Merlin switched staff to his left and held his right hand out and Chris took it without any hesitation. Merlin led the way into the portal and the two disappeared into it. The portal then closed with a flash and the wind died down, returning the alleyway to its cluttered state, as if it wasn’t already cluttered before.

The 31st Century – Planet Panther’a, FP Headquarters, Main Hall

A Swirling blue-white portal emerged out of nowhere as Merlin and Chris stepped out of it and looked around. Chris noticed he was in a very big room with a tall ceiling. It was a round blue room with a black floor. Chris could spot a variety of various paintings surrounded by black frames on the wall and their respective names and rank under them. There were 5 brown double doors, equally spaced, all around the room. Chris wasn’t sure he liked it, but he was happy to be away from his mother. It suddenly dawned on him that thinking of his mother caused him to wonder about the events that took place inside his house. As he began to piece several thoughts together, he came to the realization that she killed his dad, and he slowly sank to his knees as the tears began flowing.

Merlin noticed this and knelt down. “I’m sorry about your father. There was nothing I could do to prevent his death. The powers that be do not allow me to trifle with this kind of history, but allowed me to take you out of that time and bring you here. Life here will be difficult, but I am sure you will fit right in. Please, trust me.”

Chris looked up with tears streaming down his face. “Can I at least say goodbye to my dad?”

Merlin was somewhat taken back with the boy’s affection, but he smiled and nodded. “I do not see why not. To this day, it is still customary for families to grieve for their loved ones.” Merlin was about to speak more, but he stopped himself from doing so and embraced Chris in a hug. They stayed like this for several minutes in silence, before the main doors behind Merlin sprang open.

Merlin slowly stood up, breaking contact with Chris, as he appeared to be satisfied with his embrace. Merlin and Chris turned to face the incoming people walking into the room. Merlin noticed it was ten of the best warriors in FP. Each warrior appeared to be very young, some slightly older than fourteen, others appeared to be well into their twenties. They all wore the same black and blue uniform with different nametags on the right side of their chest. Their left sleeves displayed the name of the rank they held, and their Clan’s emblem. The emblem contained a black panther that appeared to be walking towards you with the clan letters behind it. As they all poured into the room, a young redheaded boy stepped out from behind the last man and walked over to the front. He appeared to be about seven or eight.

The taller, younger man of the group was the first to speak. “Gee, ain’t that a lovely sight! It makes me want to puke at all the love here!” This had caused a few snickering among the group.

The boy with long, brown hair next to the tall man quickly elbowed him in the ribs earning him an audible ‘ouch’. “Ah stuff it, JD. The boy has been through a lot!”

JD knew how to insult others and did it very well. “Let me be myself, old man.” JD quickly replied as he rubbed his ribs. He also knew the ‘old man’ reference really got to him, earning him another ribbing, only this time it was slightly harder than the first. “OW!”

“I owe you one, this time,” the lad snickered as he watched JD rub his sore ribs.

“You may be my teacher, Coolio,” JD started as he spoke one of the lad’s nicknames and paused a bit before continuing, “I may have been your play toy then, but I have been improving! You’ll see.”

To say everyone else in the room rolled their eyes was an understatement. They hated it when JD’s ego swelled, as they knew how good he really was and how much he had improved. They just didn’t need to hear him bragging about it at every chance he got.

“C’mon man, give it a rest. We all know when your ego swells, all the oxygen leaves the room so it could make up for that massive swelling,” The tall young lad with blond hair spoke. He had the word “Rampage” titled on his chest.

JD turned his head to look at Rampage and eyed him as if he had lost a battle. The air became tense as JD’s breathing became shallow and deeper. He wanted to dart to him and make him eat the words he had said. Before he could make a move, the opposite doors opened with a bang, startling everyone.

A young man in his mid twenties walked swiftly into the room eyeballing everyone, ignoring Merlin and Chris for a moment. He appeared to be a man of authority and leadership. He was probably the best leader the clan had ever seen and they have the money and medals to prove it. He wore the same uniform as everyone else did, except Merlin. His callsign read ‘Wild Dawg’ across his right side. He held the rank of Khan. It was the highest rank in a clan and it was very well earned. Before he started to speak, four other high-ranking men entered the room from behind the Khan.

Everyone immediately straightened themselves and stood in military fashion. “JD, while I don’t mind a little bragging here and there, using it so often can and will get you killed on the battlefield. I expect you to clean up your mess and change that cocky attitude of yours.” The Khan eyed the room, and then JD, closely before standing at ease.

“At ease, gentlemen.” No sooner had the last word left his mouth, everyone stood more relaxed. Wild Dawg then turned his attention to Merlin and Chris. “I see you finally got back, a little later than I had hoped.”

Merlin let a small grin escape. “I got held up by a Dark Mage. I did what you asked of me. I, however, need to be elsewhere as the wizards’ council is summoning me.”

“Surely you aren’t in trouble?”

“I hope not.” - Merlin turned his attention to Coolio, “Please take care of Chris. I trust your training will benefit him. I am sorry I have not had the time to train with you like I wished. When things calm down, I will be able to join you.”

Coolio simply nodded and grinned as he thrust his hands in his pockets, “Sweet.”

Merlin chuckled at his antics then turned to face Wild Dawg. Addressing him by his first name, “I will have my report for you later, Sam.”

Sam nodded in his agreement and watched as a blue portal formed to his right. He watched Merlin enter it and the portal disappeared in a flash. He let a sigh loose as he thought for a moment how he wanted to do things. Sam had short spiky black hair with brown eyes. A large scar ran down the left side of his face, inches away from his eye. “I suppose it’s time to introduce us. I’ll start first. My name is Sam Hunter and my Callsign is Wild Dawg. Please call me Sam, everyone here does. I am the Khan and leader of Fierce Panthers. I see you have already met Merlin. He is well over 3000 years old, but refuses to state his true age. His name is also his Callsign. I’m sure he will explain several un-asked questions you might have for him. Welcome to the 31st century.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Part 2 -- JD, 19:35:43 05/18/15 Mon
  • Fun story -- Cirrus, 01:00:21 05/21/15 Thu
  • Good work! -- Drew, 18:18:41 05/27/15 Wed
  • Nice story... -- Remi, 10:57:16 06/14/15 Sun

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.