VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Sunday, May 19, 2019 18:21:47 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:30:45 03/21/15 Sat
Author: Comicality
Subject: A Sad Decision...

It's no secret that I have...an 'attraction' that most of you reading this don't. I've never made any big secret about it. Teenage boys are attractive to me. They always will be. This site was built on that foundation. I made a place for myself online where that was ok. I joke about it here all the time. It's a part of who I am, and I see no reason to be ashamed of it.

I realize that there are people out there who don't understand it, or don't feel comfortable with it. And that's ok. I don't want any of you guys to take my open and honest approach to this subject for me trying to push some kind of 'agenda' or lead some crusade against age of consent laws or any of that. I've never pushed that off on you guys, I don't have any need to.

That being said...back in 2004, I wrote a story on this site called "Untouchable", and it deals with a 23 year old man falling in love with a 14 year old boy. And as with all of my stories, there is some sexually graphic content within. It's a LOVE story. Almost everything that I've written since 1998on this site has been a love story, and this series doesn't deviate from the heart and humor that you guys are used to. It still makes some people uncomfortable and I've always been the first one to say that I understand, and that the story isn't for everybody. It's been a well received and highly praised story on this site for eleven years now, and it's one that I'm proud of.

However, I believe that it's ultimately going to cause more damage than good at this point. And that's not what my stories were meant to do. That's not what I intended at all.

I received word about what's been going on recently with regards to the content of this story...and while I make no apologies for writing what I felt in my heart, I'm personally exhausted with the fight. It's not just hurting me, it's now hurting the many people who have worked so hard to help me when I was down and out. I won't stand for that.

I haven't made any definite plans as of this moment, but probably by the end of this month, "Untouchable" will no longer be available on the Shack Out Back website. I'm having it erased.

There's no hard feelings about it at all. I'm not being forced to do this, I'm not being pressured to do this. It was never suggested to me, I wasn't even asked. I'm doing this on my own. Because sometimes it takes a stronger person to just let go.

Please know that I did everything that I possibly could to be MORE than respectful and cautious with this story. I posted it with clearly displayed warnings as to its content, I posted new chapters practically in 'secret' without any public announcements whatsoever, even on the mailing list, I've tried time and time again to explain that it's just a love story and if people didn't like it, they could read something else. But it's not enough. Some people just can't seem to let it go. So I'm going to be the bigger person here. I'm going to let it go. The series is SO close to being finished, I don't want any more trouble or controversy or prejudice surrounding a project that was meant to inspire, educate, and warm the heart. "Untouchable" deserves to be read by people who love it, and will ultimately understand its true message. It doesn't deserve to be picked apart by people and tainted with lies and bullshit about its intention. It's a headache for me, it's a headache for the awesome people who supported me (and CONTINUE to support me)...enough is enough.

After eleven years of hatred and name-calling and hate mail and threats..."Untouchable" is being removed from the site. It will not be back. I will make no further announcements about future updates. I WILL continue to work on it along with my other stories, and you can catch it in the Nifty Adult-Youth section. At least there it will be among many other stories like it, and the people there are looking for that specific content and nothing else.

It's a sad decision, but one that I think needs to be made. There was a time when I fought tooth and nail and demanded a full blown confrontation to protect my work and my freedom to write it as I please. But this time I had to think to myself, "What am I fighting for?" And the answer was, "I don't have to fight for anything." There's nothing to fight about anymore. When I wrote "Untouchable" it was something groundbreaking that had never really been done before in Adult/Youth fiction. Not that I had ever seen. The story made its point, and it said what it had to say, and soon it'll get its grand finale and fade away. But the impact has been made. "Untouchable" EXISTS! That story is out there. It lives in the hearts of everyone whose read about Eric and Dustin and felt all warm and fuzzy inside. People can shout and scream and rant and rave and complain until the end of time, trying to plug their ears and cover their eyes and pretend that things like this don't happen in real life...but they'll never be able to deny that "Untouchable" did exactly what it was supposed to do. Open minds, inspire thought, and celebrate true love, shared between two people despite the obstacles laid before them.

That's all I ever wanted to do. They'll never be able to take that away from us. And someday, somebody will find "Untouchable" online somewhere, blow the dust off of it, and maybe they'll be inspired to take a stand of their own by picking up right where I left off. Words on a screen come and go. But what lives in our hearts...lives forever.

((Hugz)) To you all. I just wanted you guys to know the deal ahead of time. I guess this one is a win for 'team normal'. I'm sure they'll celebrate...um...whatever it is they think they've won. ::Shrugs::

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.