VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:26:23 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:49:10 03/21/15 Sat
Author: Jeremy
Subject: What lives in our hearts...lives forever
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "A Sad Decision..." on 00:30:45 03/21/15 Sat

Hi Comsie,

I'm sad to find out about the negative reactions you've been receiving on Untouchable. It's easy to tell that you write from the heart -- and having to close down the story must have been a hard thing to do.

I will say however that I'm glad you're closing it down and moving it over to Nifty instead. I discovered Comicality's Shack Out Back when I was 13 -- as did probably many other young guys from what I've noticed on these boards.

Your stories have a different effect and influence than most out there -- and I'm sure you know this. My entire foundation and idea of love as a gay teenager came from your stories. I'm a bit older now, but your stories truly did shape up my gay teenage years, relationship values and and moral compass.

With that being said, Untouchable is a risky story to let happen in real life. A 13 year old boy somewhere valuing and regarding the story as closely as I did with New Kid In School or A Class By Himself... that could end up putting him in potential danger.

A story is just a story and that's fine. You didn't sign up to be a gay guidance counselor to any of us, Comsie, but there will always be some underage and unknowing kids who take your stories home with them and allow their lives to play out exactly that way. And in the real world, that can be a bit dangerous.

I support your decision, and I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down about it.

Thanks and Best Regards

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I love this story so much! -- Makk, 07:42:42 03/22/15 Sun

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.