VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:55:17 05/02/16 Mon
Author: Ron Ryan
Subject: Re: Can I Trust You/ question for Ron Ryan
In reply to: George 's message, "Can I Trust You/ question for Ron Ryan" on 03:42:29 05/02/16 Mon

Yes George, it's my song. Dave phoned me in a panic, they were going into the studio to finish the album and for some reason they were a song short. I think Dave had second thoughts about one of the songs they were going to record. He said 'write one quick, it's only a filler, so a simple song will do'. I have always been a huge fan of The Everly Brothers, and with them in mind I picked up my guitar and before long I had the song, and wrote the harmony parts as the Everly Brothers would have sung it. Dave came round with Mike to hear it and they both thought it was much better than the expected at such short notice. I ran over the song a few times with Mike to make sure he had the melody and harmony down OK, and they went straight to the studio from my home and it was recorded that very same day!!! Glad you like it, it has always been one of my favourite of my songs, so simple and sweet.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.