VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:20:52 06/27/16 Mon
Author: Joey Hornick
Subject: Rolling Stone's List of the top 100 drummers--a joke

Hey everyone
Been a long time since I last posted but I felt I needed to make a comment. I just read the list of the top 100 drummers by Rolling Stone magazine and this thing was a joke. First off, you will not believe who came in ahead of Buddy Rich, the greatest drummer ever. Well, look at this list online and you can see who the 100 drummers are. Who didnt make the list?? Well, Mr. Clark for one. Did he deserve to be on it. He sure did as some of you out there will disagree with me on that. We know the stories on this board as to whom played on the records. But for most people, they think that Dave played on the records. So, just for the illusion he did play, for running the band and for the explosive drum sounds, he deserved to be on the list. Rascals fans were up in arms that Dino Danelli was left off. They deserve to be upset because Dino was fantastic. Bobby Elliott wasnt on it from the Hollies. He deserved to be on it just for Stay and Mickey's Monkey where he shined. The worst mistake this list will never live down is a drummer named Carl Palmer from Emerson Lake and Palmer. It's bad enough that Keith Emerson did himself in this year but to leave Carl off the drummers list is horrible. Folks, go to youtube and type in Emerson Lake and Palmer-California Jam 1974 Karn Evil 9. Watch Carl's solo in it and see if you agree with me that he was rock's best drummer. Cheers everyone.
Joey

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.