VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:20:45 10/08/16 Sat
Author: Katie
Subject: Re: A MESSAGE FROM CHARLIE GOREK SMITH
In reply to: Ellen 's message, "Re: A MESSAGE FROM CHARLIE GOREK SMITH" on 17:19:22 10/08/16 Sat

I listened to the whole interview and found it interesting. She only knows what Mike had told her. It sounds like Mike was a little economical with the truth just as much as Dave is. Hey honestly Dave had Ron Ryan write the songs knowing his name was not going to be on them. It would be Dave and Mike's name that would be credited. Dave and obviously Mike felt that Ron was paid for the right for them to say they wrote the songs. Now on the other hand we have Ron Ryan who says, he was paid but not the price he was promised so they don't have the right to claim his songs. They both felt they were in the right, and in some ways both are right. Does anyone really know absolutely what Dave's percentage was in the songwriting? I've heard he leached 50%, but do we know that for sure? It could have been 20 or maybe 60, I don't think anyone really knows for sure. Dave was management and that may have been a way to get his cut. Maybe no other bands in the whole world have a member that was also a manager except the DC5. I really don't know that for sure, but the fact is they were not a typical band, they were a business. Maybe they would all have made more money if they were all just band members, I don't know. Look at the band Badfinger, they were a typical band, and did everything right, and they got screwed big time. They owed unbelievable amounts of money and didn't make a dime. They had numerous hits and tours and were penniless. Sadly 2 killed themselves over the money problems. So not all bands do well when they do things the normal way.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.