VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:29:17 10/09/16 Sun
Author: Ron Ryan
Subject: Re: A MESSAGE FROM CHARLIE GOREK SMITH
In reply to: Ellen 's message, "Re: A MESSAGE FROM CHARLIE GOREK SMITH" on 17:19:22 10/08/16 Sat

I heard a story that Mike had written 'Because' and sold it to ME as I had told him I had lost a lot a money gambling on the horses and needed to pay it back. Well for a start I had not received any money from Dave Clark from my promised 50% deal on my songs, so the last thing I would do if I had any money (which I didn't) would be to gamble with it, I had a family to feed and a roof to keep over our heads!!! And even then why would Mike need to sell me the song so I could sell it to Dave?? that would not make any sense at all, Mike could have sold it to Dave himself and lent me the money from the sale if that story were true and cut out the 'middle man'. I am not going to say anything bad about Mike apart from he had his faults like we all do, and at times he was weak, and when the temptation of making a lot of money by putting his name on some of the songs I wrote along with Dave he gave into temptation, and money that should have been mine and would have made things so much easier for me and my family went into his pocket, but in the end what good did it do him? But when I saw him lying in his hospital bed and he could only talk in a whisper and the only part of his body he could move was one arm all thoughts of reproaching him for what he had done instantly vanished, and all I felt was pity for someone who at one time had been like another Brother. What we said to each other will remain with me, but be assured that there was no 'bad blood' between us, I forgave him what he had done, and it did him good to lose that weight he was carrying.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.