VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:14:28 10/09/16 Sun
Author: Ron Ryan
Subject: Re: A MESSAGE FROM CHARLIE GOREK SMITH
In reply to: Katie 's message, "Re: A MESSAGE FROM CHARLIE GOREK SMITH" on 12:09:49 10/09/16 Sun

It was me, you may not believe me but I have never ever known my Wife Vicky to tell a lie and I have known her a long, long, time, and she knows it was me that wrote it as she was the very first person to hear it. Also my Band 'The Walkers' heard it before either Dave or Mike did. When I write I mainly write in the key of 'C' as it suits my bass/baritone voice, so I wrote because in the key of 'C', but although I could play it in that Key I did not have the training that Mike had on piano so I asked the piano player in my Band (Alan Churchill) to transpose it for me from C to a key that Mike could sing it in, so Alan wrote it out for me in two keys, 'F' and 'G' as I knew that one of those keys would suit Mike's voice (I think he ended up singing it in G). Mike was very loyal to Dave, and when Dave offered Mike my share of my songs royalties Mike went along with the story that it was Dave and he that were writing the songs, even after I was no longer on the scene Mike took one of my songs that we used to play together on my piano 'Thinking of you baby' and put his name on it. Looking back it's hard to believe that Mike would go along with Dave and pocket money due to me but sad to say he did, but nobody is perfect, and money can do bad things to people, even 'good' people. In a book that I helped to write by an American music professor 'James Perone', he goes into detail about my song writing, he says in the book that writers leave 'musical foot-prints' on the songs they compose, and says he has no doubt that the writer who wrote 'Sometimes' also wrote 'Because' because the writers 'musical foot-prints' were all over the song!! The book is called 'Mods, Rockers, and the music of the British Invasion' and going by the price Amazon is quoting for a copy (it's rather expensive) it's become a collectors book, but I should think that it would be in your local library. So I wrote 'Because' I know Dave has his name on it as the writer, but quite frankly Dave could not write a song like 'Because' as to write a song like that you need to have a soul and a heart, and Dave has neither!!! in fact I don't think Dave could write a song if you held a gun to his head!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.