VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:55:48 11/26/16 Sat
Author: Ron Ryan
Subject: Re: A MESSAGE FROM CHARLIE GOREK SMITH
In reply to: Vic 's message, "Re: A MESSAGE FROM CHARLIE GOREK SMITH" on 21:46:50 11/25/16 Fri

It's true Vic', I heard over the years that Mike had told people he had written 'Because' and that hurt, at one time Mike and I were like Brothers and I often wondered how he could do that to me, but sadly Mike was weak, I never saw him once stand up to Dave. He had his name on quite a few of my songs along with Dave and I presume Mike had my share the money they made, and that also made me angry. But Mike was human, we all make mistakes in life and greed can tempt, and sadly Mike gave way to temptation, Dave made no secret of his greed, most of his conversations centered around money and what it could buy, but I did not expect Mike to be like that. I think what hurt most of all was that when Dave forbade any of the the Band to contact me in anyway none of them did, even Mike, which was hard to take when some of the songs I wrote keep them in the charts and kept their weekly pay-cheques coming in every week. But when I saw Mike laying in his bed in that hospital, all the anger left me and was replaced by pity and a commitment to come and visit him when I could and make his life a little more bearable, which I think I did.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.