VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:03:12 04/13/17 Thu
Author: Ron Ryan
Subject: Re: Newspaper article
In reply to: Katie 's message, "Re: Newspaper article" on 16:46:16 04/11/17 Tue

When Rick wanted to sell me his six string guitar that he never used any more as he now played bass, I was amazed that he wanted to sell it as he had it a long time and used to use it in the early days of playing in Dave's Band. I said to him, 'yes I will buy it, but don't you want to keep it for sentimental reasons, surely you don't need money as you are in the charts and really doing well'. It was then he told me that he and the others were on a set weekly wage, and quite frankly I was shocked when he told me what they were pulling down a week, I knew what other chart making Bands were getting roughly for one night stands as I had friends in other top ranking Bands such as 'The Kinks', and 'The Troggs' and a few other Bands in the charts, so believe me the members in Dave's Band were earning a 'good' weekly wage compered to the ordinary working man in the street at the time, they were only getting a small fraction of what the Band was making from tours,T V shows etc. Rick told me that Mike, Len' and Den' were making more than him as Dave let them keep half of of the song writing royalty from the songs that they wrote. And if anyone doubts what I say is true remember that when the Band broke up the members (apart from Dave) could not afford to 'chill out' for a year or so with their respective families, they had to get money coming back into their homes, and get it pretty damn quick!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.