VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:20:05 07/26/17 Wed
Author: Bruce Lohr
Subject: Re: A Royal Gala Variety Performance
In reply to: Bruce Lohr 's message, "A Royal Gala Variety Performance" on 16:36:06 07/03/17 Mon

In my post yesterday, I stated that I thought the Walker Brothers and Dave Clark Five performances on the program "A Royal Gala" from Dec. 4th, 1966 came from another source/performance and some how became incorporated into the tape Keith Badman viewed. I now think it is probable that the DC-5 performance of Nineteen Days and Georgia and the Walker Brothers singing Send For Me and That Lucky Old Sun are from the Dec. 4th A Royal Gala program. The reason I have changed my mind is because I only looked at the ctva.biz link provided by Linda and not the tv pop diaries site. The ctva.biz site lists almost all the artists mentioned by Keith Badman, but not the DC-5 and Walker Brothers for this show. However, the tv pop diaires site (which I didn't look at yesterday) for the A Royal Gala program (Dec. 4, 1966) does list the Walker Brothers and the Dave Clark Five as being on the program among other artists known to be on this show. Therefore, the ctva.biz and tv pop diaries sites differ in regards to the presence of the Walker Brothers and DC-5. I now think that the ctva.biz left them off in error. Keith Badman is steadfast in his belief that the tape of the show he was provided is complete, uncut and as broadcast on Dec. 4th, 1966. He also confirms that the instrumental performed by the Shadows on the show was The Rise and Fall of Flingel Bunt. This is supported by the cliff richard songs site that Linda provided that lists the correct songs performed by the Shadows and Cliff and the Shadows for this Dec. 4th show. Keith acknowledges the date he was originally given of November 14, 1965 for the program he reviewed in Record Collector by ITN is incorrect.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.