VoyForums

Monday, February 19, 06:14:02pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Monday, December 10, 01:13:45pm
Author: Zylone
Subject: North Star Dodge of San Antonio

My woman posted on her blog about the experience we had last week at North Star Dodge and figured I would share. To say the least, I am glad she typed it up and not myself.

[quote]
A lot of you know that I have a personal blog that I use for personal posts, such as family stuff, house stuff, etc. This blog, I use for anything Tech related for the most part. Well, because I am so furious with North Star Dodge in San Antonio, Texas I decided to rant about them on both of my blogs.

Last weekend, I visited North Star Dodge in search of a new vehicle. Ive been looking for a little while now due to all the crap Ive gone through with my 2007 Suburban since Ive had it. Anyway, when I went to the dealer, I took Kevin with me because A) Dealers love to sell to women (wonder why that is) and B) I have no idea what Im looking at when it comes to vehicles (yes, Im the typical get in and go female driver). So, we pull into the parking lot and notice there are about 7-8 sales guys out there just standing around, lined up in front of their building doing absolutely nothing. Before my truck was even turned off and before we could get out, there was a sales guy standing at my vehicle. That right there should have told me to leave.

We get out of my truck and I just start walking towards the car lot, not even bothering to let him force his sales pitch on me so he makes a straight shot to Kevin and asks him what were looking for. Kevin tells him exactly what Im looking for down to the year, make/model, etc. So while Im walking half way across the car lot and Kevin and the sales guy are way behind me .. all of a sudden Kevin yells and says, THIS WAY, while pointing to the back of the building. The sales guy let us walk half way through their lot before telling us that what I was looking for was stored in the back parking lot. I was like, WTF? How nice of you to actually pay attention to what I was looking for and to let me walk half way across the car lot before telling me! So by this time, Im pretty upset because he completely ignored what I was looking for, it was hot out, and I knew what I wanted and he just wasted my time.

Now were walking about 2 blocks worth of vehicles towards the back of their building and some other guy from their dealership stops me to talk to me about a damn cat that just ran across their lot. So Kevin and the sales guy leave me behind and Im stuck hearing a story about how the cat has been hanging around the dealership for about 3 months now, what they feed it, and how theyre not allowed to touch it. Great, Im thinking, here goes another 10 minutes wasted. After having to listen to that, I finally start walking away trying to find Kevin and the sales guy who are now about another block-block and a half away from me. By this time, Im fuming. So I finally get down to them

Only to find that the TWO vehicles that the sales guy led us to were NOT the vehicle I was looking for, nor the year! OK, Ive lost all patience now. So this guy proceeds to start talking about the engine and Kevin quickly stopped him and in not so many words just told him to save it and asked him how much they wanted for one of the trucks. The sales guy quickly says, Oh, I dont work with the price, its not my job. *WHOA* So then Kevin says, All right thendo you have a ball park figure of what this would cost, just a guess? Again, the sales guy pulls the not my job line. So we just looked at each other and shrugged and started to head back to my truck.

Once this sales guy realized that we were leaving he all of a sudden starts getting into the numbers game (apparently even though this wasnt his job so he said, he suddenly knew all about pricing). This was the perfect opportunity for me to unleash on him because Im a numbers girl. *muahahah* Not only am I a numbers girl, but Ive already looked at several other dealers around town and had the base price and MSRPs memorized as well as the upgraded pricing for random things. The numbers he was spitting out were completely incorrect and I told him so and let him know that we could get a better deal elsewhere for a 2008 model. When he asked me from where, I proudly told him. At first he was OK and just said, Well, if thats what you can get from them, Id certainly go get it from there. Another, WTF popped in my head as soon as I heard that and he proceeded to explain to me what base price and MSRP was. *BZZT* Dont go there with me. So again, I cut him off and by this time we were back up front and we left.

That visit to North Star Dodge had to have been my worst experience ever at a car dealership. Not only did the sales guy NOT pay attention to me from the beginning (what I was looking for, the year, make, etc), he did something that NOONE in the customer service business should EVER do: Tell a customer, Its not my job. Working in the field that I do, which places me with the public constantly, I know exactly how customer service works and I wouldnt dare even think about telling a customer or potential customer that. Its a good thing I didnt get the sales guys name, because Id have been happy to post that here as well.

So North Star Dodge in San Antonio, Texas did not only lose a chance at my business, they caused me to write this post for the entire world to see. I will be sure to share my experience at this dealership with all of my family, friends, and co-workers, as well as the internet.
[/quote]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.