VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: It works!

Author:
Lily
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon, May 24 2004, 1:50:18 GMT
In reply to: Liz 's message, "It works!" on Sat, May 22 2004, 15:12:27 GMT

It's funny that almost everyone here is a Harry Potter fan, and Liz was the one that convinced us to read At Swim, Two Boys. Liz, we don't know each other, but I was convinced to read The Book from your old thread at SQ. It took me three days to read, and I loved it.

And I'm with Liz: MacEmm's mustache was much more than a mustache, in my opinion. It was a symbol. If I had gotten more than two hours of sleep last night, I would be able to tell you what for. But of course, I am quite incoherent.

So now for the obligatory introduction. I'm Lily, and I love At Swim, Two Boys. It's probably one of my favorite books ever. I'm proud to say I believe I'm one of your youngest fans--I still live with the parental units, and not by choice. Speaking of the parental units, my mother's book club is currently reading At Swim, because of my convincing. I'm incredibly excited, and will actually be leading the discussion.

I'll be back to post later this week, after I finish my term paper. (On the conflict in Northern Ireland, in fact. I do a great deal of discussion about the Easter Uprising in the beginning).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: It works!

Author:
Lily
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, May 24 2004, 1:53:12 GMT

It's funny that almost everyone here is a Harry Potter fan, and Liz was the one that convinced us to read At Swim, Two Boys. Liz, we don't know each other, but I was convinced to read The Book from your old thread at SQ. It took me three days to read, and I loved it.

And I'm with Liz: MacEmm's mustache was much more than a mustache, in my opinion. It was a symbol. If I had gotten more than two hours of sleep last night, I would be able to tell you what for. But of course, I am quite incoherent.

So now for the obligatory introduction. I'm Lily, and I love At Swim, Two Boys. It's probably one of my favorite books ever. I'm proud to say I believe I'm one of your youngest fans--I still live with the parental units, and not by choice. Speaking of the parental units, my mother's book club is currently reading At Swim, because of my convincing. I'm incredibly excited, and will actually be leading the discussion.

I'll be back to post later this week, after I finish my term paper. (On the conflict in Northern Ireland, in fact. I do a great deal of discussion about the Easter Uprising in the beginning).

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.