VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: The Next Work

Author:
NG
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat, Jun 11 2005, 11:58:30 GMT
In reply to: NG 's message, "Re: The Next Work" on Sat, Jun 11 2005, 11:44:46 GMT

Sorry about that-- I hit "return" prematurely, and only posted the text of Jamie's original message.

I just finished the book this morning, and I won't say too much about the ending, though I was certainly expecting something like that to happen. It does leave a bit of a hollow feeling, but I'm happy to say that part of it is that the story has come to an end. This book I literally had to be torn away from. Not bad for something I had heard vaguely about and decided finally to pick up in an Edinburgh bookshop.

I appreciated it very much, not just from the gay standpoint, but also that there was so much of the history wrapped into it. I'm now expecting I'll be looking into the Easter Rising more seriously, as I've never read any histories about it. Of course, going back to school in the fall, I'm not sure how much time I'll have, but we'll see.

What is this Irish phrase? Another thing I appreciated is the Irish that appeared. I'm studying Scots Gaelic on my own right now, and I'll be picking up formal courses at the university in the fall.

Tapadh leat airson an leabhar seo, a Jamie! (I've never studied Irish, so you'll have to settle for Scots Gaelic, I'm afraid.)

Nathan

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.