VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: Sequel?

Author:
ernsign
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue, Jan 17 2006, 4:23:39 GMT
In reply to: Andrew Russell 's message, "Sequel?" on Sun, Jan 08 2006, 22:58:24 GMT

>To All That Read:
>
>The novel AT SWIM TWO BOYS is easily one of the best I
>have digested in a long time. I was moved, excited and
>given such a gift of a tale I can only sincerely say:
>THANK YOU.
>
>That being said - am I merely daft or slow in thinking
>that we witnessed Jim's death in the end of the novel
>and lead to believe the young lovers meet again in
>heaven? What content wolud the SEQUEL contain? Please
>- someone help me and clarify.
>
>Best,
>
>A

You are right. There really can't be a sequel. I suppose we could hear more about Jim...but the outline of the remainder of his days has already been provided, including some information about his end. So a sequel would even lack much suspense about THAT. It was a beautiful ending to a beautiful book, and I am happy with that and will treasure this book always, without the need for a sequel.

However, here's to Jamie's next book!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Sequel?

Author:
Dan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2006, 18:31:38 GMT

I agree!! You could call me a late starter - I finished this book last night. After spending a whole day moping around at work, heart shattered, I had to find somewhere to collect my thoughts and read what others have to say - so I'm glad I found this site.

Right now I don't crave a sequel, I finished the book in tears - like many others have stated here, but they were not shed without hope for Jim and what the future might have brought his way.

As for talk of a film of the book - aren't they always crap? - there isn't a film I could watch that could make me feel the way I do today.

Dan

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.