VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: The Next Work

Author:
Tom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu, Feb 23 2006, 22:14:21 GMT
In reply to: Scott 's message, "Re: The Next Work" on Wed, Dec 28 2005, 17:17:36 GMT

>-Mr. O'neill I wouldn't be surprised if they did come
>though with ASTB. From the huge hype and great feed
>back from Brokeback Mountain a short novella,(I am
>sure you have heard and most likely seen it) turned
>major motion pictur. That ASTB would make a marvolous
>film and gain more attention. I must again thank you
>for such a brillant work of art that touches me so
>that I cry when reading it, even in public.
>

I was about to say this - Brokeback has proved to be, some say, the first mainstream film of it's genre. I saw it and loved it and my freinds all did too.
It was subtle and beautiful and a triumph. Maybe At Swim (is it just me who prefers 'At Swim' or 'Two Boys' than 'ATSB' which is so ugly a title unlike the book!?) would also be able to do this...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The Next Work

Author:
Jamie O'Neill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 16 2006, 21:02:35 GMT

We'll know soon enough. I've just had three serious meetings with three several film people. It's The Brokeback Effect. Which, come to think of it, is a great title for a Matt Damon thriller.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The Next Work

Author:
Liz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Apr 21 2006, 17:38:09 GMT

>We'll know soon enough. I've just had three serious
>meetings with three several film people. It's The
>Brokeback Effect. Which, come to think of it, is a
>great title for a Matt Damon thriller.

Really? Wow, that sounds serious... They better come through with quality, then. God knows, they'll have a hoarde of irate fans after their blood, otherwise...

-Liz

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.