VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: Invented discussion

Author:
Jamie O'Neill
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue, May 09 2006, 20:52:07 GMT
In reply to: Ross Fullwood 's message, "Re: Invented discussion" on Sat, Apr 29 2006, 13:59:42 GMT

I very much regret that I don’t have the book to hand; but as I remember the passage, the speech came before the Oriflamme incident. I think you’ll agree that the point is crucial. If the Oriflamme incident came after (repeat: after) the Oriflamme, then what you say makes sense. But, as I said, I do not have the text before me. What we do certainly know of Dr Richings (Volume 1, Page 305; UK edition) is that he is twice married. Now, in Vol 2, passim, he remarks many times that he was, at least "once”, “wedded to the truth”. May we not take this
as a pointer that he was in fact married to Vera? Of oourse, we all must await the anticipated publication of Volume Three. Sgt Pierce is, by the way, what might be called a cod’s wallop.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Invented discussion

Author:
ROSS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, May 09 2006, 22:22:23 GMT

I accept the speech preceded the incident. However, the heraldic banner was then raised. Surely this was NOT mere symbolism to the old Traditions of France. The propaganda news sheets, published by Aisling (meaning dream or vision) Brigh, also bore the title "aurea flamma". I believe some attending were trying to move things on a little and had thier own agenda. What is to be interpreted in volume 1 page 76 with the connection with France? An unlikely ally. I also hope Vol 3 reveals the answer to Dr Richings 1st wife. I have to admit i missed "wedded to the truth" connection. There are many layers to the writing to be decoded.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Invented discussion

Author:
James Daniel Stewart O'Neill, Esq, of that sort of Ilk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, May 22 2006, 23:29:49 GMT

<< There are many layers to the writing to be decoded.
Oh, I so certaionly agree. However, I will not allow Aisling's vagaries to interfere with my understanding of the text. Aisling, if you remember, was asleep the entire time. And just because she said a young black-haired poet came up and interfered with her, it does not follow that he did. I, too, have tasted of absinthe (a donation in my case from the holy pope). In my single-minded pursuit of truth, in regard to these books, nothing would I not do, or attempt or assign. You, sir, should you continue with these wayward interpretations, will do us all a kindly favour by including chapter and verse in future. I remain, yours, etc.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Invented discussion

Author:
RF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 27 2006, 22:01:45 GMT

I’ll concede that Aisling favours erratic notions. My understanding of the text however is that she has a genuine passion, albeit with misguided actions as it turns out (especially at Greystones) for justice.

I quote from Book 2 Page 82, 2nd verse “You, like many of us, were left with a feeling of disillusionment. I have vanquished such insecurities. I only ask that we make a modern reunion ………………… Do not let pity or hatred manifest in your reasons“

(You did ask for chapter and verse !)

My problem however is that Aisling doesn’t take Vera serious enough (Yes I know you will say that proves your point) Does this mean “visions” and the “truth” are not compatible.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: The Book

Author:
Ross
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Jun 07 2006, 21:58:36 GMT

Dear JDS O'N esq

I've further investigated. I'm afraid i've become a little obsessed with trying to decode the messages given by Dr Richings

"For truth & victory we must pay" (Volume 2 after oriflamme) when talking to proff O'Farrell. Is Dr Richings calling for support for vera & buach? Richings is clever in his double talk.(bit orwellian dont you think)

Dr Richings talks about a vision of a world where your soul is free as a confusing and elusive concept.

Im off to investigate further.
Kind regards
Ross

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The Book

Author:
Ross
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Nov 27 2006, 20:10:00 GMT

Has anyone else read these books and want to comment.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.