VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: The day after

Author:
Gino (Lost for words)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 20:40:09 GMT

Hello, all of you.

Sorry to use up some space here again but I couldn't resist any longer.
Because I was lost for words yesterday only just finished At Swim, Two Boys, I only left a short message here, now I would like to do it a bit more properly :-)

As so many others I was in a terrible state when I finished the book,tears and all, and still I can't get it all out of my head and heart,but then again, do I really want that?

I came here right after reading the book, because I couldn't handle it on my own that moment, thinking to myself, 'Idiot, it's just a book'.
So you can imagine I was very happy to find out I wasn't alone, feeling really low, being in pain and tears,... that it was not JUST a book.

Yesterday I also couldn't understand why people did read it again and again, even wanting a sequel.
Was feeling all this pain for once then not enough?

Today, no it is not enough because it won't take very long before I also will read it all over again, probably in my own language now, Flemish/Dutch, so I will be able to understand it even more, I hope :-)
And I cerntainly look forward to that sequel as well.
I know I fear the pain, but I know I will not be able to stop myself to read it again, and again, and again ...

I tried to explain my feelings to my best friend about the book and what it did to me, no, it's not a Jim or Doyle, as I'm still looking for MY COUNTRY.
But it's hard to explain, I hope he'll read the book also one day, cause only then he will understand how I feel now.

And it must be said, it's not only sad, 'Making a donkey of yourself' is such a funny expression, never heard that before, I was really 'LOL' laughing out loud with that.

One of the most powerfull feelings I got in the book, bar the passages when Jim and Doyle's bodies finally meet and when Doyle get's killed, is when Jim openly declares his love to MacEmm...

Don't you know when you love someone you don't need to do anything at all?

Just look him in the eyes and smile.

When they hold eachother so tightly after that, MacEmm almost pulling Jim's hair out I thought my heart would burst because it is so powerfull, it was like I was holding Jim in my arms myself.
Didn't I wish *Grin*

Anyway, I could go on like this forever I fear, and I don't think that would be very wise, cause I might make a donkey of myself, if I didn't already :-)

Rest me to say...
Jamie, my deepest respect to you!
You must have worked very hard on this book, 10 years I did understand, we probably have no idea at all...
I will treasure this book the rest of my life, I may hope it's a long one,and yours too!
And hopefully I find myself a nice country of my own too one day!

Best wishes to you, Jamie, and to you all!

Gino

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.