VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Belated reading

Author:
Larry Lingle
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat, May 02 2009, 21:54:56 GMT

It being the second day of May in the year 2009 I must be the last person to read and appreciate this fine book. For some 31 years I owned and operated gay and lesbian bookstores here in the colonies (the United States of America) but it was not until my last store failed in 2004 that I was able to begin catching up on years of readings. And had thought I had gone through my remaining library when I found my copy of AT SWIM TWO BOYS. It was worth all the years of missing same. Like some of the other comments, I was in tears at the end, not a pleasurable sight being a rusty old 72 years. An amazing literary work and i so regretted reaching the end and will treasure the hours and emotions expended.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Belated reading

Author:
Nathaniel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, May 06 2009, 5:49:49 GMT

This book stands alone in the world of literature. It's as if literature has been this ongoing conversation amongst writers throughout time, and then At Swim, Two Boys comes seemingly out of nowhere and everything stops. Everything goes quiet. This book alone exists. With this book comes real change.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.