VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Probably a misprint 2

Author:
Cesare
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat, Jul 24 2010, 20:41:38 GMT

On page 339 (Scribner HB, 2001) the quotation from St Augustine, *The Confessions*, IV.7 should read *ecce abstulisti hominem* and not *ecce abstulisti dominem* (Thou tookest that man out of this life).
Please though, don’t think of me as a pedantic Latinist.
Would it be possible to contact the guy working on the annotated version of AS,TB? I’ve filled pages of notes while reading (from the web, from Eric Linder, an English teacher in Michigan, and a few by myself) and some more now that I’m writing down my own Italian translation (at the moment drafts of chapters 1 to 4 and chapter 10). I’ve only recently received the Italian and the French translations and I haven’t yet a set opinion about them, but I’ll continue with mine in any case for sheer pleasure at the difficulties of the task and at the human and literary beauty of the text.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.