VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: A Videomix on Jim and Doyler that I made! Please check it out!

Author:
Rory
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon, Mar 09 2015, 22:02:14 GMT
In reply to: PhoenixFire 's message, "A Videomix on Jim and Doyler that I made! Please check it out!" on Sat, Mar 15 2014, 20:51:17 GMT

Thank you so much for this powerful, moving and indeed cinematic interpretation. I am not quite half way through the book. I fear I know the direction we're headed, and as such it has caused me to delay the terrible resolution that will follow.
I am Irish, I was raised Catholic, and also I am gay. I was born in a time when all of these facts brought great pain and distress in my life. I myself almost had a Doyler. I left my home town for a few years, returning to find him married with a family, I wish him well.
I cannot understand how the forum on Jamie's website has fallen silent. Surely this epic story is deserving of discussion for many more years, especially give the author's likening to Joyce and the best of other Irish writers. Perhaps I'll drop Jamie an email when I have completed reading his book, thank him and repeat what I'm certain he has read and heard many times. That his story has shifted the axis of the hearts of many, and he should be in no doubt he has inspired those who can identify with Doyer and Jim, and perhaps to brave the territory of human love, and to hell with what those who may consider the Two Boy's love wrong....
(Comment also on YouTube)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.