Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:14:18 02/08/05 Tue
Author: Mahavir - 20 Jan 2005
Subject: Re: kundalini and consciousness
In reply to: yeah - 20 Jan 2005 's message, "kundalini and consciousness" on 10:09:39 02/08/05 Tue

I once heard a friend say that consciousness is always fundamentally realized but that a sadhana which gardually raises kundalini like kriya makes it aware of itself as realized more quickly. So I guess it must mean that kundalini is the way in which consciousness realizes itself. Vivekananda referred to it as being like a coiled spring stretched end to end, and when its released it springs back together again. Kundalini is like that, God becomes the soul which becomes aware it is God again.

Some say bliss must be gone beyond at a certain stage because it is temporary and goes away in the highest stages. Others say it is the nature of God that is eternally present as one of his fundamental aspects (Sat-Chit-Ananda). I would tend to believe the latter. Yogananda certainly said that God keeps expanding for eternity as ever-new joy and in his samadhi experiences he describes an overwhelming ecstacy. So did Pranabananda.

I think what people like Nisargadatta realized is more akin to the janan experience and they have still deeper to go whereas Ramana was probably fully realized (just my guess). They dont talk about kundalini necessarily because it is just the psycho-phisiological aspect of the process of enlightenment. Theyre more concerned with the experiences in consciousness.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.