|[ VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: , 2, 3 ]|
|Subject: Personal Rights and Freedoms in Canada.(d257)|
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Date Posted: 09:08:44 05/20/08 Tue
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms describes the basic principles and values by which Canadians live. The Charter is part of Canada's Constitution. The Charter protects you from the moment you arrive on Canadian soil. It gives everyone in Canada the following fundamental rights and freedoms:
* the right to life, liberty and personal security;
* freedom of conscience and religion;
* freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and
* ther media of communication;
* freedom to hold peaceful meetings;
* freedom to join groups;
* the right to live and work anywhere in Canada;
* protection from unreasonable search or seizure and arbitrary detainment and imprisonment;
* the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty;
* the right to have a lawyer;
* the right to a fair trial, through due process of law; and
* the right to equal protection and benefit under the law, without discrimination.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.