VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

[ The Zak McKracken Archive]
The Zak McKracken Forum
Login ] [ Main index ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sunday, Mar 06
Author: Chris
Subject: Re: Eyeballs in the Sky
In reply to: Marc Forrester 's message, "Re: Eyeballs in the Sky" on Sunday, Mar 06

>I would be honored if you could transmit to me
>anything of your original article that you feel you
>can.

No problem. Send me an email address (or a friendly FTP site) to tolworthy@hotmail.com, or to tolworthy at ntlworld dot com. I'll send the original site, and let you do with it as you wish. Thanks for your support!

Regarding Maurice Dodd, he was polite enough in the email. I can't really blame him - everyone is different. A few years ago I was very sensitive to any imagined slur on my then faith. Ironically, the more fundamentalist your faith, the more you see it threatened at every corner.

Still, I felt like I knew him through his comics. It was slightly depressing to find that we were a million miles apart. But that's life. The rich tapestry and all that. On the plus side, since rejecting fundamentalism this is the only time I have been disappointed. Mostly my literary horizons have just expanded and expanded. Time and time again I have been pleasantly surprised with writers and artists (or TV personalities) who previously offended my fundamentalist sensibilities. But now I can enjoy them for what they are - just people like you and me, generally doing their best and hoping.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Eyeballs in the Sky -- Chris, Monday, Mar 07

Forum timezone: GMT+0
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.