VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:17:26 01/19/05 Wed
Author: JAVED
Subject: TAXI, SINDH OMBUDSMAN, JUSTICE JUSTICE

By Javed - Augst 2003

A taxi driver refused to pick me from gate of a hospital and demanded a too high fixed amount. Being civic minded I refused and preferred to walk a little distance in search of some other. I complained to Secretary RTA Karachi who as usual never cared to take any note and sis nor give any response. Prescribed Rule says public communications are invariable and immediately to be acknowledge and final reply invariably given to the members of public. I approached Sindh Ombudsman against this non response act of mal administration by RTA. My complaint was not against taxi driver as he being a private citizen was out of ambit of Sindh Obudsman. RTA moved at this stage just to tell the Sindh ombudsman that owner of taxi had informed the said driver has left his job few days back. I had approached the Sindh Ombudsman on act of mal administration by RTA why it did not give me reply. Sindh Ombudsman did not mention a world about RTA’s non response in his decision which in other words meant “errant bureaucracy as usual got escaped”. On 22 March 2002 I filed a formal appeal with Sindh Governor against decision of Sindh Ombudsman that my complaint was against RTA’s non response and a decision be made on the issue if by non responding did RTA commit an act of mal administration or not and if RTA by remaining silent delayed to give a chance to let the driver leave the job!! Since then I have thrice sent copies of this appeal to Governor of Sindh but go no response at all.

Some time in 1995 a similar incident happened when RTA did not give response. On my taking up the matter though the RTA was let escape on its non response but the then Sindh Ombudsman mentioning in his finding that courage of the educated citizen should be apprciated, advised other citizens to follow suit as according to ombudsman authorities can only solve problems of people if they come forward and bring those to the notice of authorities.

Governor is appellant authority. The point to ponder is when an appeallant/judicial type authrity like Governor does not give response why should junior level like RTA care. And this speaks why people in the country are suffering even from basic right of receiving acknowledgments to their letters complaints appeals addressed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.