VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:51:12 04/17/11 Sun
Author: Teresa
Subject: Re: Note to my readers.................................
In reply to: Ravenbeauty 's message, "Note to my readers................................." on 19:23:20 04/16/11 Sat

Raven, you are right, of course. At first, I was encouraging others to boycott ALL ABC shows and all their affiliates, but we should watch the soaps while we have them, including GH, and we should make sure somehow that the advertisers know that we will continue to watch and to buy their products as long as our shows are on the air. But once they are gone, all bets are off. Some of those major advertisers include WalMart and Proctor & Gamble. I'll be writing and calling them, too. I was also a long-time fan of ATWT (god bless the VCR) and of RH,AW,GL,SB, and Capitol. So I've been thru this many times.. and it never gets easier. ABC soaps are my favorites, though, the ones I started watching when I was just a kid. I saw the very first episode of AMC when I was 16 years old and I started watching OLTL before Viki married Joe Riley the first time. Nowadays I only watch ABC soaps and OLTL is my favorite. Y & R bores me to tears, I won't watch B & B because Capitol was dumped to make room for it and I quit watching DOOL when Marlena was the Devil. Frons thinks only stay-at-home moms watch the soaps.. but he is wrong.. and even if that is still the main audience, they are the ones who control household spending, so why would he disrespect them like this ? It makes no sense.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Where to find sponsors (and other important info) - http://community.webtv.net/dw_m/saveoltl -- DWinPhx, 03:41:37 04/17/11 Sun [1]

http://community.webtv.net/dw_m/saveoltl has a continually updated list of OLTL sponsors and will continue to track sponsors of The Chew & The Revolution. In addition, the site is being updated with helpful and essential info for fans interested in saving the show. Add it to your bookmarks and share the link with other forums/groups/sites/link pages.

A section on alternate actions and methods of allowing OLTL to live on will be included. I'm waiting to see RB's write-up in regards to the details of the Oprah plan before putting it up.

Until they're on the page, some other stuff being bandied about:

- contacting other networks to see if they can pick up OLTL
- getting OLTL reformatted as a primetime drama series
- sending fish (inspired by Oliver Fish) and lemons (inspired by "lemon in my eye") to ABC/Disney (every save our show campaign tends to have a "gift" attached to them!)
- having OLTL live on in book/print form written by novelist and twice-former OLTL headwriter Michael Malone.

RB, thanks for mentioning stuff that needs to be said in regards to not boycotting the soaps themselves, and targeting sponsors and affiliates (again, that's all ground i've been covering at the site). Remember to include Robert Iger in your letters/calls/emails as he's above Sweeney/Frons and one or both of those people need to lose their jobs over this.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.