VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:07:59 04/17/11 Sun
Author: Kimberly K
Subject: Re: Note to my readers.................................
In reply to: Ravenbeauty 's message, "Note to my readers................................." on 19:23:20 04/16/11 Sat

It never even occurred to me to not watch GH. I love this soap and hate that these TV icons are going to the wayside for shows that nobody is interested in. I can see the same crap on CBS & NBC. ABC offered me something more interesting; that is until they cancelled AMC & OLTL. Flipping channels a week or so ago I ran across Susan Lucci on one of the shopping channels hawking whatever it is she sells. I stopped for a minute to tell my husband that she better be do the hard sell because her show was about to be cancelled. As I was talking she literally told the host that she received a letter from the CFO of the network telling her that AMC was not in danger and that they had sufficient funds to continue doing the show. I like to think that people don't lie but it just seemed a bit far-fetched that she would have received a letter from the CFO making this claim. I didn't buy it and less than two weeks later the axe falls. I will refuse to watch the soap replacements but will always support GH!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Note to my readers................................. -- PGP, 11:52:38 04/17/11 Sun [1]

As I have said before I was never a GH watcher and will not become one now. OLTL is the only ABC soap watch and honestly it will be the last ABC soap I watch. I will not ask others to boycott GH either. That is not fair to them, but it is not fair to the stars of primetime shows to ask fans to start boycotting their shows simply because a bunch of executive cowards. It is so unfair to the cast of AMC that they asked them to relocate only to cancel the show shortly after, I didn't even think about that! They should be ashamed of themselves! It is also so distasteful that a network would kill a show like OLTL when it continues to opperate on or ahead of budget! I will not tune into this new garbage that they put in its place any more than I have tuned into Lets Make a Deal since CBS took off my beloved GL! Though I suppose the writing was on the wall once GL was cancelled. As many predicted it has started to trigger the domino effect in the soap world! Will the shows find a new home? I doubt it. GL didn't though I suppose you never know...until then we can at least enjoy what we have left. Fans of GH do not give up on the show...I won't tune in but you should stay tuned if you are a fan...Fans of the other three DAYS, YR, BB same goes for you...its only a matter of time! I am sorry!

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.