VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:50:41 04/17/11 Sun
Author: Joan (Miserable)
Subject: Raven, can you explain???.................................
In reply to: Theresa 's message, "Re: Note to my readers................................." on 20:30:43 04/16/11 Sat

Raven WHAT is the rationale behind canceling GH if ABC wants the 18-49 demographic? It is #2 behind The View in daytime, and at times, it has surpassed it.

The Talk has lousy ratings, according to this article -
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/01/cbs-finds-a-way-to-make-low-ratings-roll-the-right-way-for-julie-chens-the-talk-.html

...and why it was renewed is inexplicable, as you can read in the article.

So it must be money, but what is the point if no one is watching? Does anyone honestly think there are viewers for a cooking show and a weight loss show in the afternoon?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: Raven, can you explain???................................. -- MelP, 07:36:02 04/18/11 Mon [1]

Joan, Julie Chen is married to Les Monvees, the murderer of GL & ATWT, the creep who referred to both soaps as "grandmother's soap operas", the guy she had a baby with about a year or so ago & then ATWT was cancelled & she got a talk show about babies.

Does it make more sense now?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I understand that but ... -- Joan (Abject Misery), 07:32:13 04/19/11 Tue [1]

I understand about The Talk but I DON'T understand the rationale for giving GH a year at most. If the networks want the 18-49 demographic, and GH vascillates between #1 and #2 for ABC daytime, WHY replace it? What is the rationale? Cheaper, okay, but do they think they can get that demographic to watch another reality show?

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.