VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:45:26 04/18/11 Mon
Author: disheartened fan
Subject: Re: Note to my readers.................................
In reply to: Ravenbeauty 's message, "Note to my readers................................." on 19:23:20 04/16/11 Sat

How about letting affiliates know? They can pressure the networks.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Note to my readers................................. -- Lyonyssa, 05:58:50 04/18/11 Mon [1]

Thanks for the list of sponsers, Raven. This will really help a lot. I've also got another idea, we take the fight to Disney. Namely Robert Iger, CEO of Disney. If everyone contacted Iger's office and politely inform them of our position. That we are not lemmings and that no one at ABC can tell us what we want and don't want based upon their game plan. Let them know that Disney is putting 600 + families at risk and that we will get the word out that Disney is anti family. We can start a Facebook page for just that purpose and feature a different family each week.
With 600 + families, that's something that will haunt them for a very long time. I know that Disney is an industry giant, but that just means they have a bigger eye to blacken.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Note to my readers................................. -- randy, 07:12:11 04/18/11 Mon [1]

here is the article from last year: hopefully someone will buy ABC:

Disney Insider Trading Scandal Fuels Chatter About ABC Sale
Wall Street Journal ^ | May 26, 2010

Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:03:32 PM by Zakeet

The insider trading scandal that erupted at The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) on Wednesday led to more speculation that the media giant is considering a sale of its ABC broadcast network, although the company denied that negotiations are taking place.

Shares of Disney rose 2.3% to $33.07 Wednesday after reports that Bonnie Hoxie, administrative assistant to Zenia Mucha, the company's head of communications, was arrested in Los Angeles along with her boyfriend, Yonni Sebbag. The two were charged with trying to sell insider information, including word that Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger was in "serious and advanced negotiations with two private equity firms" to sell ABC, but no price had been determined, according to the criminal complaint.

"The reference in the complaint to conversations regarding the ABC Network were and are false," Disney said in a statement.

The company also said it was cooperating fully with the investigation. Representatives for Disney couldn't be reached for further comment.

Even with that denial, the disclosure lent to speculation about a potential sale of ABC that has been garnering attention in the media and on Wall Street in recent months. Several ABC employees say it has become the subject of speculation internally.

For his part, Iger hasn't ruled out the possibility of a sale when asked about it publicly.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.