VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:56:55 04/19/11 Tue
Author: Carol B (Terrorized)
Subject: Re: Note to my readers.................................
In reply to: Ravenbeauty 's message, "Note to my readers................................." on 19:23:20 04/16/11 Sat

ABC has blown up my world. There are lots of us that are not Neilson but watch faithfully and buy products. Yhey have made me sick at my stomach at the thought of losing the soaps. I hope and pray OWN can pick up some of the ABC soaps and we can all make Oprah the hero.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Ooops! Forgot to add Oprah's contact information (and a note on Hoover)! -- Ravenbeauty, 20:09:04 04/19/11 Tue [1]

Oprah may not be able to raise the capital on her own to buy out the franchise, but perhaps it might be a collaborative effort. She is a huge ABC daytime fan, has her own network now, and a great deal of pull out there. It's worth a try. Tell Oprah how much it would mean to you to see the shows on her network (and what a ratings boost it would be). God bless Hoover for having the guts to take a stand! Here is what I left on their Facebook page:

You are doing an amazing thing here. You have shown people everywhere that your company stands for something more than just the almighty dollar. What you have done took a lot of courage and strength of character. So many of us are proud to call ourselves customers of yours today. What ABC is doing is based solely on greed. They w...ere not losing money. They were not going into the hole here. They did this because they are greedy and soulless. These shows mean something to millions and millions of Americans. They are richly woven into the very fabric of America. Now the wonderful actors who have entertained us for years will face an industry with nothing but reality shows. Many will be unemployed for extended periods of time. All that will be left for them are scraps. This was not a business decision. This was a bargain made in hell, and viewers want no part of it.

Oprah's Contact Information

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Ooops! Forgot to add Oprah's contact information (and a note on Hoover)! -- No1_ILoveLucyFan, 01:34:01 04/22/11 Fri [1]

Hey Raven, you might want to check in to this before you publish it, or you much just throw it out there & see if it sticks. You know that Hoover pulled their ads because the wife of the pres of Hoover was/is a big ABC daytime fan? True. Spouses have a lot of say...that being said, Robert A. Iger - the pres/CEO of Disney, his wife is Willow Bay...who happens to be a blogger over at the Huffington Post. I couldn't find a direct e-mail/contact page for her, but there is a way to contact the Huffington Post to alert them about news stories...I sent them the below, perhaps others might be interested in doing something similar? It can't hurt, right? Have a good one, Raven. Hugs!

This might be of interest to Willow Bay in particular. A GREAT number of TV fans are boycotting Disney their choice to cancel a couple of TV shows has given many people who control household budgets a cause to contact sponsors about. Hershey, General Mills, Target. Hoover has already signed off. Who will be next? Does Disney truly care about their consumers like they say in their Standards of Business Conduct Welcome Letter penned by Robert A. Iger? Seems to me that cancelling a couple of shows was a bad business decision on the part of Brian Frons the president of ABC Daytime, and in direct violation of those standards. Perhaps Mr. Iger should be contacted to see if he's willing to go back on his word...or if he's willing to be heard by the people who put Disney where it is.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.