VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:28:12 04/27/11 Wed
Author: Ravenbeauty
Subject: Quick update.......................

Hey Gang,

My apologies to you. I know that I am almost a week late, however it's been incredibly crazy here lately. I have been putting all of my time into the various campaigns out there because that's the biggest fire we have going right now. I have also put a lot of time and effort into an interview that I just gave SoapZone in addition to the many mini updates I have given you out here in the interim.

As you can see, the news I gave you in my mini update from April 15, 2011 has spread like wildfire this week. I told you that General Hospital was also out with a year tops if they are lucky. As I told Soapzone, it's done. The only thing that could save it now is if we had a reversal of fortune. If what we are doing now can rattle enough cages, one never knows what may happen. It's a slim chance, but it's all we have. We need to fight until the bitter end.

I have heard some very unsettling things in regards to what is going on behind the scenes right now. I will be able to give you some idea when I update fully (weekend at the latest). I have my work cut out for me because almost everything is being changed. I am a little frustrated as I write this because this only makes my job that much harder. We have people leaving early. We have people asking to be let out now. We have a perfect storm going on here. I hope that by the time I fully update, I will at least have something concrete to tell you in regard to future storyline's. It's sheer insanity right now! I donít know how any of us are going to be able to keep all of this straight!

I will be back with a full update so stay tuned and hang in there! I have posted a link to the interview that I did with Soapzone (it was a real honor for me). Thank you Carol! I love you! XOXO!

Major hugs to Cat for always making me smile (even when I don't feel like smiling)!

I'm out of here for now, but I will be back with a full update (as I said, weekend at the latest).

My Interview With SoapZone

Last edited by author: Wed April 27, 2011 05:40:29   Edited 1 time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Thanks for updating! And what a great -- LAwoman, 06:31:02 04/27/11 Wed [1]

interview on SoapZone! I didn't know your name was banned from some message board sites. Well screw them, you know there's a (pink) board where you are very much adored and if I haven't thanked you lately (and I haven't) for always posting a link to your latest updates there for us, thank you, thank you, thank you! Love ya, guuurl

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Thanks for updating! And what a great -- Debi (<3), 08:44:45 04/27/11 Wed [1]

No need for apologies. You are the BEST of the BEST.
Remember that..!!

I am new here, (1st post) so not sure if I will find my way back here, but I posted to you yesterday Raven on FB and you sent hugs to me for my comment.

I have a ??
Proabably dumb. What IF some HUGE advertiser's got together and stated they would stand behind a network who picked up these soaps? Has anyone thought along those lines? Instead of pulling out advertisers, ask if they would support a new network?? Just a thought...lol

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Thanks for updating! And what a great -- Peyton Reileigh, 09:52:33 04/29/11 Fri [1]

I put in a Friend request for your Facebook, but it's just been sitting there. I had read that you were accepting all requests from folks who want to support the soaps. Let me know if there was something else I needed to do. I didn't belong to Facebook, just joined in order to join your site, so I might have done something wrong.

That was a very, very impressive interview.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- Wanda page, 06:53:35 04/27/11 Wed [1]

TY Raven. I can only imagine all going on inside and outside. Huuugggssss!!! Keep your chin up. We are honored that you give us the heads up as to what is what.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Your interview was awesome, Ravey! We're so glad and proud that you make an exception for our little message boards! -- Vicki, 06:54:24 04/27/11 Wed [1]

I noticed your shout-out to Gord in your interview. That WAS him you were talking about, wasn't it?

[ Edit | View ]

[> AWESOME ravey!!!! :) an honor to "know" you and -- ozzie, 08:00:18 04/27/11 Wed [1]

i am so glad you are back full force. you are one helluva strong woman and i am glad you are getting the attention you deserve!! you truly are an inspiration!!! LUV YA!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Your interview was so classy Raven! I am so happy for you! You deserve that credit and thank you to Carol for doing that for the soap fans. -- Belinda, 09:32:00 04/27/11 Wed [1]

You have been through so much that had to be one of the best top ten moments in your life. How sweet of Carol.

We are all so proud of you and happy that we have you as our spoiler queen.

I love you lady!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- Meetoo, 09:48:41 04/27/11 Wed [1]

Ravenbeauty, I have appreciated your candor when sharing your scoops. About GH -- why should we fight if it is a done deal? It sounds like ABC/Disney wants out of the soap opera business completely. It breaks my heart to lose my soap, but it sounds to me like everything is falling apart behind the scenes anyway with people being let go or asking to get out of their contracts. It sounds really bleak. Thanks again for giving us the straight scoop and don't let the naysayers get you down.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- TBBT, 10:14:36 04/27/11 Wed [1]

I agree with Oprah, I don't see her as patronizing at all, I thought she was extremely gracious and as honest and forthright as she can be. She is a business woman and knows what she is doing. I thought it was a very good way to comment instead of ignoring the fans who have been campaigning for her to save the soaps and for not giving false hopes to the fans so that they can focus their energy for their cause in other ways.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- Fatima, 11:22:20 04/27/11 Wed [1]

I just got done reading your interview and I believe it was great. I thank you for keeping it real and letting us know the truth. I seriously did believe that AMC was safe (this was before I found your facebook and blog) and it was a slap in the face when the truth came out.

Don't worry about the haters don't allow them to bring you down. After reading that interview I know you are so much stronger then they will every be.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- Soaphead (Unite!), 12:36:38 04/27/11 Wed [1]

Thank You for giving us the straight facts/truth....there was SO NOT the need for them to lie to us about everything. I guess they thought if they lied long enough,swept the garbage under the rug that we would go away....they were SO wrong.

I don't like the way some fans are saying stuff like "lets save GH we don't want to lose "this" one....UGH! and I DO watch GH. We are soap fans and for the genre we should stick up for all the soaps. To save one might save them all IMO.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- Susan, 12:43:47 04/27/11 Wed [1]

While I feel for the workers on the soaps more than I do the fans (bad time to be unemployed in most every industry), I see the point in canceling the shows. They're a business, they have stockholders to answer to, and they can't keep a show on the air just because there will be a big stink about it from the fans.

Soaps have been dying for decades, and we now have a whole universe of entertainment options to get our attention. Soaps are getting less tha 1% of the population, and that's pretty awful for a medium that doesn't repeat and requires a constant ouflow of cash (even after drastic cost cutting).

The word "boycott" makes me cringe, and I personally boycott a lot of businesses that cave under the pressure (perceived or real). If I were a CEO of a company, I'd tell my staff to ignore any and all petitions, boycott demands and everything else along those lines on a matter of principle more than anything else.

Sorry, but Disney World is an amazing vacation, and I'm planning my trip now.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Quick update....................... -- Randy, 13:35:46 04/27/11 Wed [1]

Thanks for the update and the great interview. I greatly appreicate your honesty and stand ready to implement any suggestions that you have to save all three soaps.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Quick update....................... -- Lori, 20:33:31 04/27/11 Wed [1]

Susan,
I wonder why you would even post on this forum. It sounds like you are part of the Disney/ABC team of destroyers. Like the old saying goes...."if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!"

[ Edit | View ]

[> Your interview with SoapZone was amazing! -- A huge admirer!, 07:17:19 04/28/11 Thu [1]

What a fantastic interview! I feel like I really know you! What a beautiful and brave woman you are! I knew I liked you, but now I just love you! I have to say that I have never seen a facebook page so active before! You draw pure energy and light to yourself. They are there because they all love you! You are a very special woman! You have the news media watching you now! You may not want to be a star, but you may not have a choice soon!

On the script, I say it's all about Aubrey, Kelly, and Cutter!

Peace out beautiful! You have to be the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen in my life!

Also a piece of advice my lovely. I would ignore the stupid questions and not bother. You would be better off! LOL!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- You are hot on Twitter girl! You need to start Tweeting!, 08:20:35 04/28/11 Thu [1]

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Brenda Barrett Corinthos -- Vanessa Fan (anxious), 10:13:35 04/28/11 Thu [1]

Dear RavenBeauty,

GREAT interview and thanks for all your fabulous work over the years; we all owe you a heavy debt!

I fully believe that GH will be cancelled in the next months. As a result of this, do you have any updates on Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo? I know re-writes are happening left and right. Also, earlier you said she'd leave in late summer 2011, but now with GH's eminent cancellation, perhaps she might stay to close out the show??

Most importantly, will Sonny & Brenda fans have their happy ending? We've waited literally TWO DECADES to see our S&B wedding and happier ever after.

Thanks again and I appreciate any insight!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- About Protest ABC Across America, 04:52:58 04/29/11 Fri [1]

http://www.voy.com/191220/7487.html

Dear Ravey, thanks again for keeping us up to date in these crazy times. I now understand the importance of verify!
The link above is a post I made here about joining the Facebook group Protest ABC Across American and provided a link to the page.

I wish I had been in that group longer before asking you to basically endorse it by posting it here. Please accept my sincere apologies.

This is a group you do not want to associate with. There is infighting, extreme negativity, and some of their goals are less than noble. They are also asking for donations with no solid plan as to where the money will go. They ban people who disagree with some of their less than desirable tactics; and some of these people could have even possibly made contributions, only to be banned and cut off from the group (I am not able to verify this part at this time).

Some of the soap celebs even joined and quit when they saw what was going on (I am sure there is a certain someone you can verify this with, as she did quit this group).

So, I would ask you take my prior post down and/or do what you think is right about this. I could not, in good conscience, allow you to leave that link on your site with my shining endorsement, without bringing you up to date.

Thank you, and again, I am so sorry. Someone with your integrity would never endorse a group such at this.

Much love to you oxoxoxoxoxoxox

[ Edit | View ]

[> Love you Chica! Thanks so much for all your hard work keeping us so spoiled over the years! -- Moonie, 09:13:56 04/29/11 Fri [1]

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.