VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:36:38 04/27/11 Wed
Author: Soaphead (Unite!)
Subject: Re: Quick update.......................
In reply to: Ravenbeauty 's message, "Quick update......................." on 05:28:12 04/27/11 Wed

Thank You for giving us the straight facts/truth....there was SO NOT the need for them to lie to us about everything. I guess they thought if they lied long enough,swept the garbage under the rug that we would go away....they were SO wrong.

I don't like the way some fans are saying stuff like "lets save GH we don't want to lose "this" one....UGH! and I DO watch GH. We are soap fans and for the genre we should stick up for all the soaps. To save one might save them all IMO.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Quick update....................... -- Susan, 12:43:47 04/27/11 Wed [1]

While I feel for the workers on the soaps more than I do the fans (bad time to be unemployed in most every industry), I see the point in canceling the shows. They're a business, they have stockholders to answer to, and they can't keep a show on the air just because there will be a big stink about it from the fans.

Soaps have been dying for decades, and we now have a whole universe of entertainment options to get our attention. Soaps are getting less tha 1% of the population, and that's pretty awful for a medium that doesn't repeat and requires a constant ouflow of cash (even after drastic cost cutting).

The word "boycott" makes me cringe, and I personally boycott a lot of businesses that cave under the pressure (perceived or real). If I were a CEO of a company, I'd tell my staff to ignore any and all petitions, boycott demands and everything else along those lines on a matter of principle more than anything else.

Sorry, but Disney World is an amazing vacation, and I'm planning my trip now.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Quick update....................... -- Randy, 13:35:46 04/27/11 Wed [1]

Thanks for the update and the great interview. I greatly appreicate your honesty and stand ready to implement any suggestions that you have to save all three soaps.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Quick update....................... -- Lori, 20:33:31 04/27/11 Wed [1]

Susan,
I wonder why you would even post on this forum. It sounds like you are part of the Disney/ABC team of destroyers. Like the old saying goes...."if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!"

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.