VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:31:05 04/29/11 Fri
Author: Ravenbeauty
Subject: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11!

Hey Gang,

Pull up a chair, grab a Frappe, and get ready for more industrial strength lather....

I wanted to be wrong (more than you will ever know). I really wanted to be wrong about all of this. I stood my ground because I knew that despite all of the tweets that fans were getting, it was a done deal. If you are having trouble recognizing ABC these days, that's because they are no longer the network we grew up with. Everything we ever knew about ABC was changed the moment that Disney acquired the once reputable entity. Disney's soulless and unethical handling of this situation has only just begun to slowly backfire on them. The universe has a way of righting that which is wrong (oh how the mighty have fallen). Catherine Hickland (who I adore for a million reasons) stated that a Disney rep shouted out that "fans should try reading a book" at a recent rally. I thought about what this incredibly callous and obnoxious Disney rep spouted, and thought, what a great idea! Why should we waste our valuable time watching "Dancing With The Stars" and "The Bachelor" when we could be reading instead! I think its is a wonderful idea! I know that many have already canceled their Disney vacations in favor of Universal Studio's and reading a good book instead of watching what ABC has to offer at night is a terrific plan! We will continue to watch our soaps until they go off the air, but we will read a good book at night. Thank you Disney!

I have shied away from interviews for many years, but found it rather hard to deny someone that I have admired and respected for such a long time. I have provided a link below to a very in depth interview that I gave Carol Banks at SoapZone (it was an honor to be asked). I share a great deal about my life and what led me to this column some years back. A big hug going out to Carol for always being there for me over the years (and a huge hug to Cat who always manages to make me smile even when I am not feeling much like smiling). Your positive energy is infectious! XOXO!

My Interview With SoapZone

I have to be honest and tell you right now that I almost didn't update this week. I honestly don't know how anyone is going to be able to keep any of this straight right now. I am going to warn you here and now that absolutely everything is being tweaked and changed completely. That's very special for the people who watch the shows (not so much for those of us who are trying to give you accurate scoops). Most of you understand just how quickly things can change in this industry. For those of you who never have understood, you are about to get a rude awakening (welcome to my world)! I wanted to wait a few weeks until the dust fully settled before handing out any more scoops, but I will give you what I have for now. Please read the following two lines a hundred times if you need to in order to get it to stick. I am not telling you that things may change. I am telling you that things will most definitely change until the shows finally close! Everything is about to get extremely unpredictable. There will be several closed-door meetings at ABC that will result in script changes as well as casting changes, and there is not a bloody thing I can do about it except roll with the punches.

For all of you out there who have been working your asses off in an effort to get us heard, God Bless you for your amazing diligence and hard work! If you do not think it has done any good, look around you! The sponsors are hearing us loud and clear, and we have other networks looking very closely at these shows. A new rumor is making its way across the Internet in regards to Sony buying the shows. I have always been very honest with you and that's never going to change. Even though I broke the news of the cancellations, I cannot claim a thing on this new development. If this is indeed true, it is the news we have been praying for and fighting for. I have heard rumblings of something massive going on, but no details were given to me. If any of that changes, I will keep you posted. If it's true, the tears you will see around the world will be tears of joy!

If you saw my quick update out here dated April 15, 2011, then you already know what I have said about General Hospital. They have a year tops and that's being generous. Unless the noise we have been making pays off in some way (or Disney grows a soul) look for the announcement to come in the coming months. I don't know the date, I only know their fate. They had initially wanted to cancel all three shows at once. Being the kind souls that they are, they are merely waiting for the right replacement to get everything ironed out. I guess it's safe to say that most of you are NOW smart enough to never believe another word out of ABC's mouth. I would not believe them if their tongues came notarized. Who knew that the Whore of Babylon was masquerading all this time as a pristine playful company called Disney! You learn something new every day!

On a positive note, if you are a fellow Ty Treadway fan (ex Troy/Colin OLTL), you should know that Ty has a brand new show out called "Saddle Ranch"! It airs every Sunday at 9:30PM Eastern Time on VH-1! Don't forget to check it out! The show is based on Ty’s experience in moving out to LA and chasing his dream (he co-created the new series and produces as well)! So great to see that handsome face out there again!

OK guys, freshen up that Frappe, and away with this week's dish.....

Gossip Column Disclaimer That Will Appear In Each Column!

This disclaimer will appear each week. Please keep in mind that these are rumors, and any gossip or rumors found within, are completely unsubstantiated. I know this goes without saying for most of you, but there are many new readers out there as well. So far, my sources have been pretty darn good over the years, and I am truly grateful. It would be pointless to have a gossip column without gossip, so you will find both fact and unsubstantiated rumors within these walls. Also, please note that actors are contractually bound by gag orders. They are not allowed to reveal whether they are leaving or not, until the network gives them the green light to do so. Insisting that actors speak to rumors that involve their relationship with their respective shows, places them in a very awkward position. Please keep all of this in mind as you read my column (which will come out every other week). In addition, I can be wrong, and freely admit this. When my sources give me what they have, it's what they are hearing backstage at that moment in time. They are the first to admit that stories can be scrapped or rewritten, with casting decisions changing frequently. I respect their limitations, and so should you. Most of what I hear are very early rumblings, but I will keep nothing from you either way.

Ravenbeauty's OLTL Dish

That newer leading man who is not catching on will be gone once he has served his purpose. There is only room for so many secret agents on one show. This guy will go out like a light. "A Tale of Two Todd's" is about to begin, and they have some serious twists and turns built into this one. They know what you expect, and they are going to play with you for a while before you get what you want. A child may die (and it is not who you believe it is). This one will shock you if they have the balls to go through with it. Look for yet another twist to come in the murder of someone we could care less about (Eddie Ford).

One vet may be cut earlier than she expected (and this one will not go down without a fight). Not everyone will be sticking around for the final fireworks. ABC is allowing some early outs while others will be held to their contracts until the final curtain. I told you several weeks ago, that John was the biological father of Natalie's child Once John learns the truth, it will change everything (and I do mean everything). One woman's child was also destined to be with its rightful parents, however recent events may have altered that one. I will keep you posted (and you wonder why it is not a good idea for actors to tell you how they really feel right now). This is why.......

Babe 2 is in quite the predicament these days. You see Aubrey loves Joey and Cutter knows it. Cutter decides to do things his way. Marty shows us what crazy is all about, and someone will lose a great deal of blood in the process. Echo gets her comeuppance, and loses everything after all is said and done. As I told you in my last column, James is gone and Cole is back. Two Fords will leave first (more to follow). One very popular actress is said to be leaving sooner than later (she is not happy, and they are letting her out early).

Ravenbeauty's GH Dish

This is what I call a perfect storm on a dark night. Major pay cuts were handed down to certain actors who did not like what was proposed. Not only that, but they recognize the warning signs, and want out early. Two are major players here. One is said to be exiting once his very front burner story has wrapped (this one goes way back). The other may change the face of Port Charles forever with his exit. Will Vanessa stay for the finale now that the game has changed? Nothing is set in stone, but a great deal of unrest right now behind the scenes. I have been warning you about those two female vets with one being offered recurring only (this will not sit well with this particular vet). It is coming.......

One of my absolute favorite younger actresses wants out. As to whether or not the show will let her is another story for another day. I have all but screamed that this is not Brenda's baby, and indeed this is not Brenda's biological child. Suzanne does not need to be present to cause the pain that Brenda has coming. She would never have handed over her real grandson to Brenda and Sonny. Poor Suzanne, this was never really her grandson to begin with. Do you remember the chaos that was caused when I first leaked this from my 2/2/11 column? Here is a refresher for you...

As for that missing baby, look no further. The baby is not Dante's. The baby is not the Balkan's son. The baby is Jax and Brenda's, leading to outrage, fury, shock, and something incredibly special. Fans will be treated to Carly speaking in Latin as her head spins completely around while "Mad World" plays in the background. I will definitely be stocking up on Junior Mints and popcorn! Carly and Jax's relationship is a wasteland, and I'm hearing that Jax may be off canvas when this story wraps (possibly with Brenda in tow). Again, only what I am hearing for now. There have been major rewrites on this one! they really have gone back and forth on this story many times over.

Lisa finally gets what's coming to her in spades, but not before, she has caused even more pain for Kristina, Patrick, and Robin. I told you that Ingo was out (and that is still the plan or so I am told). Nikolas's exit has been tweaked, and a twist is coming your way Cassadine style! The story of Siobhan and Lucky is being taken in a different direction. Abby has ties she can't cut. Michael puts it all on the line for his lady love. Carly lays down the law to Anthony over Michael

That's all I have for now. My head is spinning as it is. Everything is so up in the air. I will keep you updated as I am able to until we can all get our bearings again. Crazy times......

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! XOXO!

Last edited by author: Sat April 30, 2011 09:11:28   Edited 1 time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Yolanda, 13:14:32 04/29/11 Fri [1]

thank you Raven. i have just discovered you earlier this week but have enjoyed reading your back columns. and now i try to figure out your riddles, hmmmmm.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- scyren, 04:48:41 04/30/11 Sat [1]

I may have to be done with OLTL. I can't take Jolie as an endgame. Natalie doesn't deserve to be forgiven yet again for lying.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Essde, 13:42:54 04/29/11 Fri [1]

I love reading your column Raven because you somehow manage to make sense out of the now crazy soap world. I've never told you this, and I've been a lurker on your site since your pre-sabbatical days, but thank you for the time and effort and love that's obvious in your columns. Funny how some people (your aforementioned Disney person) don't have a clue about their audience. His comment about 'read a book' does explain the rampant disrespect fm both ABC and Disney for this art form, its actors, and viewers. Regardless of the business reasons they're hawking for the shows cancellation, they should be ashamed for the underlying prejudice against the art form.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Sony deal..... -- Former Programmer, 14:12:53 04/29/11 Fri [1]

As a former Sony TV exec. this would make me very happy. I am reminded of a trip to film warehouse and making a comment about how amazing it was that we still had all the Y&R and DOOL tapes stored, and I wished all my soaps were stored safely somewhere. Go Mosko! I only feel totally safe posting my thoughts here, my FB account is linked to other professional accounts including Sony listed as ,my former employer and don't want to reveal all my thoughts so openly. Thanks for all that you do Raven and providing this "safe" place to comment.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Sony deal..... -- Dale Constance, 03:12:15 04/30/11 Sat [1]

I too think this Sony story started by "Thom" is totally bogus. He first posted in the SOC AMC thread, but the posts were mysteriously deleted. HOWEVER those original posts were saved and can be found here...

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af163/DKosko/Soap%20Central%20Posts/

If you read these "Thom" originally claimed this information came from his cousin. If you read his non-deleted threads in the OLTL section, he claims the info came from his Aunt.

He also claims that Susan Lucci knew this BEFORE the cancellation announcement was made. To quote "Thom" ..."I know everybody hates Frons, but he knows that AMC and OLTL will live on and he actually cares about these soaps. He is the one who marketed them and got Sony's attention. He may appear as a villian to us now but when it's all over he wont seem so evil. He made one statement and then vanished. He had to make the statement at the time of cancellation but now is keeping quite. SUSAN LUCCI knew beforehand and all her statements since then have skirted around the subject of total death of the show...."
If this WERE true, then why did Susan's own daughter report that Susan was heartbroken and totally blown away by the cancellation news?

"Thom" also posted "They are in the know and have already signed contracts with Sony." "Thom" is now backtracking in the OLTL thread and saying Sony is still in negotiations.

Another post by "Thom" ..."With so many cast members, it will take time to get them all under contract. Trust me they all know by now but they didn't on April 14th."

Please read the captured deleted posts above from "Thom's" AMC thread and compare them to what he is saying and backtracking now...There are so many inconsistencies and more holes than a swiss cheese factory in "Thom's" posts.

Thanks Raven for all that you are doing in keeping us all updated!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Kyle, 14:39:22 04/29/11 Fri [1]

I really applaud your honesty. You have more integrity than anyone out there. You don't jump on crazy rumors or claim things that don't belong to you. You are one in a million! You are gorgeous by the way, but that's not why I love you! LOL!

I get a funny vibe from this "Thom" at SOC. Something is not right there at all. All of a sudden he has all this time on his hands to weave a lot of crap into the wee hours too. BF said in an interview that they had planned to cancel these shows over a year ago! Something is real fishy with this guy. Glad you did not play into that.

I wanted to cry reading your interview with SZ. You are one incredible woman. That actor must have been crazy to let you go. I'm so sorry for everything that you have been through. You are a very strong and resilient woman! Hugs beautiful!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Wow. The cancellations are creating more soap than the soaps! Thanks so much for -- LAwoman, 15:41:05 04/29/11 Fri [1]

always laying it all out there as much as you can. I am not surprised that many actors will bail before the end. I can't really blame them. I just hope the Sony rumor has some merit, but I'm bracing myself for more disappointment.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Wow. The cancellations are creating more soap than the soaps! Thanks so much for -- Kelly :), 12:46:26 04/30/11 Sat [1]

LA, you crack me up, but its true. The soaps cancellation is creating more drama than the shows! Good column Raven, (which I already mentioned on FB) :)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Go to the Sony Facebook page and write on their wall that we'd love to see them buy the soaps! -- No1_ILoveLucyFan, 00:09:14 04/30/11 Sat [1]

Everyone please - take 5 minutes and go to the Sony Facebook page to let them know we'd LOVE to see them buy both soaps - heck, all 3 would be even better!!! They have a built in audience, and the numbers are pretty much a guarantee. Since Frons & Bad Mouse are so eager to ditch their consumers (Us!!) let's give it back to 'em!

Wouldn't it be DELICIOUS to see the soaps get picked up by Sony and beat the snot out of Frons new replacement shows in the ratings???

Oh ladies & gents - please - let's send THAT message to Frons!! HAHAHA!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Latest ratings -- D. Pellegrini (Puke!), 02:30:07 04/30/11 Sat [1]

LATEST RATINGS SHOW AMC & OLTL up by about 1/4 million viewers; but Look at at how B. Gorman at tv by the numbers spins it (BE PREPARED TO BE OUTRAGED):
"If you’re a reader of our regular weekly soap opera ratings posts, you’ll have noted that One Life To Live ratings were up last week, on the heels of its cancellation by ABC along with All My Children. Some media went with a “Too Soon?” headline on the news (well played for SEO purposes). It’s more like “Too Little, Too Late” Canceling those two shows was not a decision taken lightly by ABC, and short term ratings fluctuations are certainly not going to make them regret, let alone change their decision. Neither is a “boycott” by an internet echo chamber group of soap fans. Some fans might convince themselves that their “Save Our Show” efforts got their “bubble” shows renewed (hello, Chuck fans!), but there’s almost no history of shows that were renewed by a network after they were already announced as cancelled and their replacements named. (sure, Futurama, The Game, and a handful of others, feel free to trot them out in the comments). To all the fans still laboring to get those soaps renewed, everybody needs a hobby!"

Is this guy a jerk or what.

ALSO...any idea how to get ratings for Soapnet and Canadian daytime???

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- sara maracipan, 03:28:40 04/30/11 Sat [1]

Copied from Yvette's post on FB:

You guys ABC has their own poll on the ABC site about their stupid decision. It's on abc.com under "important announcement regarding abc daytime" - they are actually asking for opinions - let's give it to them!!!

Go to abc.com - daytime - important announcement. You can post comments there about the cancellation of the soaps. I just did a few minutes ago. Can't hurt??

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Allison (Grrr!), 03:50:39 04/30/11 Sat [1]

Ugh! I read the "go read a book" comment on huffington post yesterday. See one of the commenters after the article. Wonder if it's the same person.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ed-martin/abc-daytime-soaps_b_851989.html

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Bryan Avis (perplexed), 04:46:16 04/30/11 Sat [1]

I just thought of something regarding another network or company picking up the soaps. What if Disney/ABC decided to be malicious and purposely ruin the soaps during the next several months so that if they are picked up, they would be in the worst shape and they would lose even more viewers in the process. Would they kill off Viki or another major character in a way where they could never come back. They would also probably try to kill Dorian as punishment for Robin Strasser being intelligent and speaking her mind. This is my new concern over the show.

They need however to include Andrea Evans soon without a doubt.

Lastly, thank you Ravenbeauty for all your work with the soaps and for your loyalty to soap fans everywhere.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Kelly :), 07:02:01 05/01/11 Sun [1]

Then we have a "Dallas" type storyline where its all someones nightmare and go back to where they wanna start over ;)Just a thought...

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- vjn, 21:21:32 05/04/11 Wed [1]

or not even bother to explain it just... go back to whatever point they want to start with and start there. It's not like history hasn't been rewritten on soaps before with no explanation LOL!

[ Edit | View ]

[> You were smart not to buy into Thom at SOC! -- Someone who knows, 05:02:07 04/30/11 Sat [1]

I have always liked you and after reading your interview and classy take on Thom's ramblings, I like you even more! Thom is a Disney plant who gave himself away with his gushing over Frons. He was also found to be changing his story several times before all of his posts were deleted. He's a liar! Thank you for not jerking our chains on any of this from start to finish!

Please look at his original posts that were removed (Photobucket). He's at SOC for a reason. I think even THEY smell a rat (more like a mouse)!

People need to wise up! This is very cruel!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: You were smart not to buy into Thom at SOC! -- Dale Constance, 06:02:53 04/30/11 Sat [1]

Hope you don't mind, Someone, but I thought it would be good to put up a link to Thom's deleted posts in photobucket here so everyone can see what a liar he is! ;0)

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af163/DKosko/Soap%20Central%20Posts/

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: You were smart not to buy into Thom at SOC! -- Dale Constance, 01:21:27 05/04/11 Wed [1]

Just wanted to add that BOTH of "Thom's" threads regarding Sony and NBC were removed from SOC. Gee. I wonder why? LOL!! ;0)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- fiona, 05:09:45 04/30/11 Sat [1]

Ravenbeauty, I truly admire your courage, fortitude and strength! I suffered through a similar situation, only he wasn't a boyfrend, but a husband. Some men think they literally own you body and soul.

Good luck and God bless you!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- writestuffla, 05:52:37 04/30/11 Sat [1]

It would be terrific for someone at OLTL to team up with someone from AMC and GH to chronicle the last days of the ABC soaps in a tell-all book. I want to see egg on Mickey Mouse's face that he can not wipe off.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Kathy K., 08:15:10 04/30/11 Sat [1]

Dear Sweet Raven,

I have become a reader of your columns these past few months (I didn't know about you until a friend excitedly told me about your site) and I have to say that I feel so refreshed by your integrity and your honesty. Thank you for being a soft place to land in this wild wild web of madness. The interview you did made me cry because my mom died of cancer too, so that's near and dear to my heart. I want you to know that It brings me so much joy that you're a survivor!!

Hugs,
Kathy

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Soaphead (Interested!!), 14:51:29 04/30/11 Sat [1]

OLTL Will it be Jack or Sam that dies...hmmm just a thought.I wish they could get Brandon Buddy back as Cole to ride off into the sunset with Starr and Hope (I think its KA that wants to leave)JMO
BB says on twitter he would love to come back for a while.

GH I hope its not Julie Marie that wants out :(

Thank you Raven for the spoilers and may we have our soaps a long time, so you can spoil us .

Down with Disney,Frons,Sweeney and ABC Big rasberry P~~~ to them all :D

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks for giving us the skinny, Ravey baby! We love you and we trust ONLY you! -- Vicki, 03:39:59 05/01/11 Sun [1]

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Annie, 10:43:18 05/01/11 Sun [1]

Did anyone else think it was strange that Brandon Buddy suddenly returned to Twitter right before the cancellation announcement?

Maybe I'm reading into it too much (coincidences happen after all) but I wouldn't be surprised if he knew before the announcement either directly or indirectly.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- PAULA D. CHAMPION-BRAIG, 11:50:27 05/01/11 Sun [1]

I JUST SENT YOUR COL. TO DIANE DISNEY-MILLER AND THE FOLLOWING NOTE TO SEE IF WE CAN GET SOME RESPONSE....THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP...I AM NEVER GOING TO SEE DISNEY THE SAME WAY AGAIN,,,,,HOW SAD...
HERE'S MY NOTE TO HER....
RE:CANCELING ALL MY CHILDREN

DEAR MRS. DIANE DISNEY-MILLER,

SINCE YOU ARE THE DAUGHTER OF MR. DISNEY AND PERHAPS STILL A STOCK HOLDER I THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. I MET YOU ONCE YEARS AGO, AS I TOO LIVE IN THE BAY AREA (PIEDMONT,) AND YOU SEEM SMART, SO AGAIN I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS THIS ON TO YOU.

THE BASIC STORY IS: SINCE "ALL MY CHILDREN" HAS BEEN CANCELED, AFTER 41 YEARS, BECAUSE LOWER RATINGS RECENTLY (FORGET ALL THE PAST EMMY'S) DUE TO REALLY BAD WRITING ON THE PART OF ABC "ONLY"-- "NOT" THE ACTORS...THERE GOING TO REPLACE WITH SOME MORE TALK AND FOOD SHOW "OH BOY!"

ANYWAY, WE HAVE VOICED OUR OPINION ONLY TO BE INSULTED. SO I AM PASSING THIS WE SITE ON TO YOU AS THERE WILL BE MILLIONS OF US NO LONGER WATCHING ABC AFTER ALL MY CHILDREN GOES OFF THE AIR SINCE THE POWERS TO BE THINK WE ARE SO DUMB AND SHOULD BE READING BOOKS INSTEAD OF WATCHING TV. THAT'S REALLY A GREAT IDEA FOR US AND OUR CHILDREN...

ANYHOW, I THOUGHT IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW HERE'S HOW THE PUBLIC FELLS.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Elizabeth, 12:40:01 05/01/11 Sun [1]

I've just found your column while searching for news on the soaps cancellation. I SO regret that I haven't known about you all these years. Thank you for passing on what info you have........I've prepared myself for the worst, but am still hoping for a miracle. I'll tell you this though, I'm done with ABC and with Disney when the soaps are gone.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- neddy, 18:38:36 05/02/11 Mon [1]

I just wish John wasn't Liam's father. All I can hope for now is that Jolie won't be endgame. Worst couple ever.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- DWinPhx, 15:59:12 05/03/11 Tue [1]

In all honesty, while there may have been fan outrage and some forms of attempts at rescues, they really didn't even compare to what we're seeing right now. I'm really very proud of how the fans have rallied around these shows...maybe it may be due to the fact that we're now down to four remaining soaps if these go and soap fans in general saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH or that these shows are really very special and deserve better or a combination thereof (combined with the awful ways that it happened) but the outcry not only overshadows anything i've seen when a soap was cancelled before but this is indeed the biggest fan outcry i've seen over ANY cancelled show in any genre since the Save Farscape movement nearly a decade ago. Heck, ABC employees were saying the amount of calls/letters they were getting even BEFORE the cancellation announcement is like nothing they'd seen before.

d.w.mckim
http://community.webtv.net/dw_m/saveoltl

[ Edit | View ]

[> A Question -- Beth, 01:51:54 05/03/11 Tue [1]

Hello all... I have a question. I have been a loyal ABC soap watcher since birth. I am heartbroken over the AMC & OLTL. I see all the protests and read all the tidbits about our shows going to Sony (or other places). My question is... when other network soaps were cancelled were there protests and campaigns like the ones I see today?? Did those fans fight like I see the ABC fans fighting?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Five Current Events Everyone Should Know About -- DWinPhx, 16:25:03 05/03/11 Tue [1]

1) Hershey's needs 10,000 calls before they'll commit to pulling ads from ABC. 800-468-1714

2) ABC's official OLTL website has a poll asking OLTL viewers if they'll watch the new shows taking AMC/OLTL's place. One of the multiple choices is No - won't even watch ABC at all anymore (paraphrased).

3) Globe Magazine (similar to National Enquirer) has been very good at continued coverage of the outrage over AMC/OLTL's cancellations. The latest issue has a clip-out ballot to send to Globe which they'll deliver to ABC en masse. Now while i personally don't think this will be The Thing that saves the shows, i do think everyone should make the effort if for no other reason than it'll look bad if they get an underwhelming number of returns.

4) May 17 is the beginning of ABC's Upfronts meetings where sponsors commit ad dollars for the fall season - so these next two weeks should be HUGE ones for contacting the sponsors.

5) We're now in May Sweeps which is one of the bigger more important Sweeps periods. Be sure to support the soaps! (And keep tuned out of anything else ABC/Disney). Very crucial if you're in the Ratings system - but if you aren't, contact your local affiliates and cable companies to let them know why your viewing choices are as they are this month.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11! -- Sondra, 04:49:13 05/04/11 Wed [1]

I just discovered your blog the other day from a twitter person. What I've read so far I truly believe. Only two leading men I can think of that would be leaving are Tony Geary goes way back, and Maurice Benard. It was on twitter today that his house is up for sale. I just hope somebody can stop the madness. Thank you for the time you spend doing this.

[ Edit | View ]

[> You were right again :( -- Sad, 21:02:17 05/05/11 Thu [1]

You were right again Raven. GH is being replaced by Katie Couric. It's on TMZ now. I hate Disney! :(

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.