VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:42:54 04/29/11 Fri
Author: Essde
Subject: Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11!
In reply to: Ravenbeauty 's message, "Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 4/28/11!" on 12:31:05 04/29/11 Fri

I love reading your column Raven because you somehow manage to make sense out of the now crazy soap world. I've never told you this, and I've been a lurker on your site since your pre-sabbatical days, but thank you for the time and effort and love that's obvious in your columns. Funny how some people (your aforementioned Disney person) don't have a clue about their audience. His comment about 'read a book' does explain the rampant disrespect fm both ABC and Disney for this art form, its actors, and viewers. Regardless of the business reasons they're hawking for the shows cancellation, they should be ashamed for the underlying prejudice against the art form.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Sony deal..... -- Former Programmer, 14:12:53 04/29/11 Fri [1]

As a former Sony TV exec. this would make me very happy. I am reminded of a trip to film warehouse and making a comment about how amazing it was that we still had all the Y&R and DOOL tapes stored, and I wished all my soaps were stored safely somewhere. Go Mosko! I only feel totally safe posting my thoughts here, my FB account is linked to other professional accounts including Sony listed as ,my former employer and don't want to reveal all my thoughts so openly. Thanks for all that you do Raven and providing this "safe" place to comment.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Sony deal..... -- Dale Constance, 03:12:15 04/30/11 Sat [1]

I too think this Sony story started by "Thom" is totally bogus. He first posted in the SOC AMC thread, but the posts were mysteriously deleted. HOWEVER those original posts were saved and can be found here...

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af163/DKosko/Soap%20Central%20Posts/

If you read these "Thom" originally claimed this information came from his cousin. If you read his non-deleted threads in the OLTL section, he claims the info came from his Aunt.

He also claims that Susan Lucci knew this BEFORE the cancellation announcement was made. To quote "Thom" ..."I know everybody hates Frons, but he knows that AMC and OLTL will live on and he actually cares about these soaps. He is the one who marketed them and got Sony's attention. He may appear as a villian to us now but when it's all over he wont seem so evil. He made one statement and then vanished. He had to make the statement at the time of cancellation but now is keeping quite. SUSAN LUCCI knew beforehand and all her statements since then have skirted around the subject of total death of the show...."
If this WERE true, then why did Susan's own daughter report that Susan was heartbroken and totally blown away by the cancellation news?

"Thom" also posted "They are in the know and have already signed contracts with Sony." "Thom" is now backtracking in the OLTL thread and saying Sony is still in negotiations.

Another post by "Thom" ..."With so many cast members, it will take time to get them all under contract. Trust me they all know by now but they didn't on April 14th."

Please read the captured deleted posts above from "Thom's" AMC thread and compare them to what he is saying and backtracking now...There are so many inconsistencies and more holes than a swiss cheese factory in "Thom's" posts.

Thanks Raven for all that you are doing in keeping us all updated!

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.