VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:48:03 06/12/11 Sun
Author: Ravenbeauty
Subject: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given!

Guys,

Things at Facebook are more fluid, and for that reason, I have been giving my readers tidbits in between columns. I have been told that many have appeared on various message boards and at Twitter with no credit given to me whatsoever (and some directly from my columns). I know that most of you feel me, and realize why this can be frustrating for the person giving you the scoops. I am not paid anything to do this, and it's done on my own time to make things more fun for you, but I do expect to get credit at the very least! I wish I had a dollar for every time a scoop that actually originated with me comes full circle with some fan asking me if I had even heard anything about it! I want to scream, "Of course I have since it came from me on such and such a date"! It can make anyone crazy (yes even you)! LOL!

I was the first to tell you guys that Joey was exiting OLTL and that Tom Degnan was out (not an ounce of credit anywhere)! I'm sure when Jason Cook (Matt-GH) is announced as out, all credit will go to the Stay Puft Marshmallow man or something! What has me feeling the need to write this note is my "JFP out in the coming months at GH with Valentini in" scoop! It was apparently everywhere within hours of my posting it on Facebook, and appeared on boards everywhere without even so much as a mention of me or where you got it! That came from me and spread like lightning! I'm not sure if Tomlin is going to change some things here, however I was told that they are eying Paul Rauch and Valentini (with Valentini as the front-runner)! Please feel free to check the dates of when this appeared on my Facebook Wall, and when it appeared everywhere else! I said that Gina Tognoni was out months ago in my column, and clarified this on my Facebook wall. In March, I said that Farah Fath, Mark Lawson, Josh Kelly, Ted King, and Susan Haskell would all be out. A couple of months ago, I said that a feisty female vet would be out at OLTL, and that she would not go down without a fight. A couple of weeks back, I told you that JPL would be leaving early as Rex/OLTL (I could give you an even longer list, but it would be exhausting).

In addition, before anyone else can claim this as one of theirs a week from now, here is an exclusive I just left out at Facebook (6/12/11)! The following is a scoop for DOOL fans (thanks to that special someone out there for this)!

Hey Guys, a very early morning scoop for DOOL fans! Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. Stephen King's tortured Prom Queen returns yet again with someone from one of Texas's hottest towns! They're back (again)! The handsome Irish lad and the blonde one are back to DOOL! You read it HERE first!

More Clues in a few early responses at Facebook (some of you should never play Charades)! Now I know why some find things vague with others finding my clues as obvious as a neon light flashing the answer! No Charades for you guys! You will lose! LOL!

Belle & Shawn?
27 minutes ago

John & Marlena?
29 minutes ago

RavenBeauty SoapDiva Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Guess again! Stephen King's prom queen! A hot Texas town! I thought I made this one easy! LOL!
28 minutes ago

Carrie & Austin!
28 minutes ago

RavenBeauty SoapDiva Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Oh, and before I go, I left this out Friday for my Facebook readers!

Hey Guys, a quick tidbit (please don't pass my scoops on without giving me credit). I saw what happened with my JFP out at GH, and Valentini in scoop (as well as my Tom Degnan/Joey exits exclusive before it was anywhere else). A major Frons favorite is on his way to GH (male). One younger leading lady ready to sign as well (both from OLTL)! More to come! Who does Rex remind you of?..............................

OK, I'm outta here! I will be back as usual next weekend for a full update! Hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday and a great week coming up (It's Emmy Week Yay)! XOXO! :)

Last edited by author: Sun June 12, 2011 20:57:27   Edited 3 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Pam, 22:29:33 06/12/11 Sun [1]

I've seen exactly what you are talking about Raven. I always jump in and let them know where it came from if I see it. I totally get why you would be agitated. It's only fair that you get credit for your scoops!

Does this DAYS scoop mean you will be scooping for NBC soon????? Please!!! Pretty Please!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- donna, 22:58:12 06/14/11 Tue [1]

I read your scoops here and and facebook
it horrible people are not giving you credit
for your scoops!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks for the scoops!!! -- Glad I checked in here!, 22:32:17 06/12/11 Sun [1]

Oh wow, thank you for the unexpected drops! I am not on facebook, but maybe I need to get an account. I will probably sign up today and find you! Thank you for all your hard work! XO!

Loved the DOOL scoop too!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Patrinia, 23:36:52 06/12/11 Sun [1]

You are awesome Raven. I sit on pins and needles waiting for your articles. I always check your pages 1st and believe more of what you have to write than any other pages. When it comes to scoops you are always dead on. YOU ROCK!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- dr.ivankipling, 00:58:10 06/13/11 Mon [1]

Rave I read your column faithfully&see your posts everywhere on the net. I see them on the boards as "I just heard" or "Rumor has it" or "Spoilers,in my own words". What baffled me was I hardly ever saw any credit given you. I'm not going to lie I'm guilty of spreading what I read here in your column but I've always made a point of saying "RB said" or "Ravenbeauty's column says" or something along those lines. I don't like having credit 'stolen' from me&wouldn't do it to anyone else,especially you,you Soap Spoiler Goddess you!
Finally I'm tickeled/baffled/confused??why people are so fast to take something you've reported/spoiled and repeat it without giving you any credit but always seem to take the time to give credit for soap news they've read in one of the soap mags.
Things that make you go Hmmm I guess.
Rock on Ravenbeauty!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Ivan Kipling! -- Ravenbeauty, 01:13:29 06/13/11 Mon [1]

I left you a note below in one of my columns, but you probably never saw it. People have passed on some very nice things that you have said out there on my behalf, and I wanted to thank you. That really means a lot to me. There will always be those ants at every picnic, but I prefer to look at the positive side and that's having lovely readers like you out there! Thank you my friend! XOXOXO!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Ivan Kipling! -- dr.ivankipling, 07:02:41 06/13/11 Mon [1]

OMG!!Raven you're about to give me a heart attack lol. You're right I missed the note you left for me but thank you for taking the time to leave it. I firmly believe in giving credit where credit is due. And you my dear lady deserve credit for being spot on with your reports! You've given it to us straight whether it was good or bad news. I couldn't keep reading the rants against you without trying to set the record straight.From the bottom of our hearts Raven,we appreciate you and we thank you.
Now that I'm full of goosebumps at seeing this from you I'll go and try to stop my heart from beating a million miles a minute lol.
All the best to you Ravenbeauty!! :)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Lisa, 01:00:10 06/13/11 Mon [1]

Christie Clark and Patrick Muldoon! Raven clarified it! I'm so excited!!! You get the best scoops! I love you!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Soaphead, 05:24:45 06/13/11 Mon [1]

You have been given credit on one site I know lol cause I was going to say it and someone beat me to it.:)(about Carrie and Austin)I only visit one board now (Days related) the other ones are just too mean. I am done.

Its rotten that people won't give you credit even Silas gave you a shout out on his blog show ,about how unfairly you were raked over the coals.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Is Sarah Brown heading to GH? -- Angel, 06:28:26 06/13/11 Mon [1]

Hi Raven,

Thanks for the scoops as always. I was wondering - do you know if either SJB or Tamara Braun are heading to GH to replace Laura Wright as Carly? I keep hearing this on DD and just wanted to know if you've heard anything about it...

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- brooke, 06:57:43 06/13/11 Mon [1]

I can't find Ravenbeauty on facebook!?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Anonymous, 12:14:10 06/13/11 Mon [1]

Dear Raven,
A lot of people do not use face book because of the many kinds of different people that one can encounter and give one aggravation and so my advice would be to stay off face book altogether. You are too good of a person and work too hard to go through crap from certain people on there. Don't let them get to you because the good people love you and appreciate you and your personal hard work to give us the scoops. So if they do not read carefully what you write its their problem and their loss not yours.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Fy'Marie (Pretty Darn Cool), 09:59:02 06/15/11 Wed [1]

I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I happened upon your site by way of Carol Banks Weber @ soapzone, so someone is definitely out there giving credit where credit is due. Great scoops. Also, don't do the whole facebook thing (don't let my children have it, so need to set an example), so I have bookmarked this site and hope I can get the same great updates here (and even better) than the facebookers get. Thanks for your work and don't sweat the small stuff (yep, it's all small). God Bless!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- newgirl (:)), 10:37:00 06/15/11 Wed [1]

Rex reminds me of Lucky! Maybe?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Nancy, 00:27:12 06/16/11 Thu [1]

I think Rex reminds me of Dylan, Tracy Quartermaines son

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- meauron, 19:01:53 06/15/11 Wed [1]

love your spoilers! have been following you for years here. anytime I see a spoiler of yours on another message, I always post a courteous response to it and mention your name as the originator! credit where credit is due!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Sam, 05:28:10 06/16/11 Thu [1]

About Ted King, when is his expected last airdate? And a while back, you posted something about a Lead Actress at GH will be out and a former one brought back. Is this Laura Wright that will be out and either Tamara Braun or Sarah Brown brought back?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- pam, 07:26:30 06/16/11 Thu [1]

do you know enything about michael easton comeing to GH

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- kimberly, 02:45:50 06/17/11 Fri [1]

How sad that you even need to clarify all of this! Really, it pisses me off. Those of us that participated on a board that shall remain nameless...years ago, know you. We know how accurate you are, and how much work you put into this for no pay!!!

You did make it FUN for us.

I miss having intelligent conversations about plots, characters and pairings. Even styles, hair and makeup were not off limits. I'm feeling all nostalgic now.

I don't even read that childish garbage anymore. Haven't for years!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- Kireanna, 10:26:28 06/17/11 Fri [1]

Someone please tell me who this person is:" A couple of months ago, I said that a feisty female vet would be out at OLTL, and that she would not go down without a fight." Is it Gina or Susan.

Thanks!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- LOL!, 14:00:33 06/17/11 Fri [1]

She was referring to Robin Strasser (she said it was a fiesty female vet who would not go down without a fight under her OLTL section)! You must not read Robin's Twitter!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: My scoops on Facebook growing legs and mysteriously walking away without any credit given! -- abcsoaplover, 03:20:28 06/18/11 Sat [1]

Raven, I ALWAYS give you credit when I pass on something I've read from your column on the yahoo abc soap boards!!! Although I don't always write out your full name---do you care how we write your name (Raven, Ravenbeauty, Ravenbeauty soap dish or just RB)??? Thx doll and you are the best!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> You should receive full credit for your work! I'm sorry that -- LAwoman, 03:33:44 06/21/11 Tue [1]

you still have to deal with that. Our little board is always thrilled to see your link posted and I can't thank you enough for doing that for us. www.voy.com/191035/

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.