VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:13:48 06/18/11 Sat
Author: Ravenbeauty
Subject: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11!

Hey Guys,

It's that time again, so pull up a chair as we sail into our weekend on a wave of soap! The lather is getting thicker out there with fans being placed in a permanent spin cycle. ABC is doing a remarkable job of keeping GH fans complacent and under control by not announcing GH's cancellation during Katie Couric's great party. They learned from what happened before (unfortunately, the fans did not follow suit). There is none so blind as he who will not see. Once again, we have the same exact script down to a new head-writer coming to the show and everything, (with actors tweeting that everything is fine, but asking fans for support in the same breath). Have we learned nothing, I didn't think so (sigh).

The writing was not the reason that AMC & OLTL were canceled. This has nothing to do with writing. Writing did not get these shows canceled so writing will not save them. The deal with the ABC affiliates tells the true tale. Actors are secretly (and some not so secretly) putting feelers out there already, and trying to put on a brave front (it's sickening how ABC made such fools of them before). They deserve the truth! Ask your local affiliate if there is room for General Hospital come September, and you will find that General Hospital is not up for syndication and there is no room. They are waiting for everything to die down and not be associated with Katie Couric in any way before they bring that gavel down. Then they will sit back and laugh it off as you run around the Internet crying about how shocked and brokenhearted you are. They will probably tell you to read a book, which is what they shouted into a crowd of people who gathered at a rally in Los Angeles (the very people who helped to build their network over the years). If months from now you are shocked and blindsided by what is announced, it's because you didn't pay attention. General Hospital is due to shut down operations in July 2012 in order to be out of there by September 2012. If you want to try to save your show, now is the time (not after they have announced it)! Forget what they are spinning, and get your campaigns together now! This is not a fire drill!

Unless a miracle happens, General Hospital is due to shut down operations in July 2012!

I wanted to also address a couple of things that are of great concern (after all it is my column, and if I wanted to recite the Gettysburg address in a column that I am not paid to write and is composed on my own time, I will). I think we are all grateful to the many groups out there that are working very hard on our behalf to save the shows. One group in particular is doing something on a much bigger scale. Delibernation headed by long time advocate Silas Kain is fighting to save the shows and what's left of the genre itself. They are trying to stop the bleeding at the source. I know that not everyone will see eye to eye, on what the various groups are doing out there, but allowing ego's to interfere with any group efforts, is a stab in the heart for us all. Delibernation is heading a major coupon campaign right now that is better explained at their site, but removing links to this campaign and booing it because it was not your idea, is more than just counterproductive, it's incredibly disappointing and petty. I have an ego (no doubt about it), but I had to put my feelings aside and try to see the bigger picture when I did a complete about face on my initial take of Delbernation. I realized that by influencing people to stay away, I was hurting the cause (not helping it). That was tough for me, but it was the right thing to do. We have to throw everything we have at this thing (we don't have much time). In that vein, here is the link to Delibernation's Coupon campaign!

Click Here To Get Your Coupons For Campaign To Save Our Shows!

Lastly, I left out an update last week regarding my scoops growing legs and walking away without any credit given to me whatsoever. Many of you understood, some did not. For those of you who felt that it was silly or unnecessary, ask yourselves how you would honestly feel if you were working hard at your place of employment, only to have another employee take credit for all of your hard work over and over again! The first time you might be disappointed and keep it to yourself. You may even do this a few times, but after a while, you would feel the need to speak up (or you are a schmuck, in which case you deserve to be overlooked, and kicked to the side). I realize that some of us have very high-level sources, and may get information around the same time (that's a given). What I am talking about are the fans themselves who read something that absolutely originated in one of my columns or over at my Facebook, and run around passing it on without even stating where it was obtained. Even worse is when someone asks me if I had ever heard of this or that, and 90% of the time, it originated with me (and they read it)! I don't care who you are, this would drive anyone crazy after a while (I am no exception)!

The best had to be when someone asked me if I had heard that Roger Howarth was coming back to OLTL (no, I am not kidding)! It can only happen enough times before you blow a gasket! This does not include the many who twist my words and don't even comprehend what they just read (there is obviously a vacancy there). I had a person point out that my exclusive on Valentini coming to General Hospital to take over for Jill Farren Phelps, came from Robin Strasser's Twitter! Robin was referring to Ron Carlivati coming to GH (not Valentini)! I never had a scoop on Carlivati coming to GH, so I would not even begin to take credit for something that was never mine. People can't even get their information straight! I had a fan on my Facebook wall declare that Laura Wright was fired from GH because it was on a magazine cover (they never learn)! I told him that I had heard nothing about this (I was told that it was all over Twitter that I said that Laura Wright was fired)! I can't make this up! LOL! It's one thing when you are just an observer, but until you walk a mile in my shoes, you don't know how crazy and frustrating this can be. No journalist in the world is going to enjoy having exclusives taken from them and credited to someone else! They would all speak up! I'm not a sandwich shop that just so happens to give out scoops on the side to my customers! I'm a scoopster and a gossip columnist, so of course it matters (how dense)!

I've had many bloggers and columnists come forward to share their own experiences with me over the years, and it's a shame what goes on out there. Some of the large sites and institutions in the soap world, have an intense disdain and hatred for people like me who dare to have real sources of our own, and strive for something better (we should all be kept down and never credited or given any respect). We should never try and grow, and be kept in our place always. How dare we get sources! I know that one place in particular trashes every scoopster out there that isn't part of their elitist team. We all began as fans and grew from there. Nobody is born with sources. You have to earn them, and it took me years to get my ABC sources (and before I obtained those sources, I always gave credit for every morsel I took from somebody else). It's called honor. Thankfully, the many positives outweigh the jealousy and hatred out there, otherwise I would not bother anymore. The sense of entitlement that certain people have out there is unbelievable (that I owe them this column, and these scoops, and how dare I put what I want in my very own column)! You gotta be kidding! Please, remove the gun being held to your head to read me, and exit stage right! Thank you! I don't care if this was good for you, because it was good for me. I needed to get this off my chest (so what if I am a size B now)! I'm a happier size B! LOL! Next time, we'll be back on track with just stuff about the show, but I really needed to make some things very clear here once and for all! If you don't like it, too bad so sad. They don't call me your "Rant & Rave Spoiler Babe" for nothing (ahem)! You can take a breath now (I've stopped levitating, and my head is not spinning anymore)! It's safe!

Now for some good news for all of you who have been asking me to cover other shows once ours go off the air, I really tried to get into The Young & The Restless, and The Bold & The Beautiful! I really wanted to love them, and although I can see that these shows are very well written, they are just not my style. I think it's important that I watch the shows I am covering at the very least, or it feels pointless for me (I may revisit them in the future). A very kind person stepped forward to offer me an NBC exclusive, which I put out very early on Sunday morning, June 12th. I told fans that Carrie & Austin would be returning to Salem. As usual, it spread like wildfire, and now it's everywhere. I took this as a sign. I had never watched Days Of Our Lives before. I had no reason to watch the show with the great line up we had at ABC, but I felt that the universe was trying to tell me something. I began taping DOOL this week, and all I can say is wow! It's fast paced, bold, colorful, and incredibly dark and campy! I actually found myself really looking forward to the next episode! I am very impressed and pleasantly surprised! This very kind and generous person said they are willing to throw me what they can for DOOL, and I in turn, am very grateful. I will not be doing a complete DOOL section as of yet since I won't have enough to warrant a full section for now, but its coming! If anyone else out there at NBC would like to contribute any scoops, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm known for my discretion in that regard, so please feel free to e-mail me at Facebook (you do not need to be a friend). I always protect my sources and am extremely discreet. It took me years to earn my sources at ABC, so I am not sure how long this will take, but I am grateful to the one I have now. I think people do this in the spirit of keeping the genre alive, and so it's appreciated on many levels. The more dish we have out there with gossip columnists like me creating buzz, the more alive the genre is. It makes things fun and exciting for us all. In the meantime, I am adding new pictures to my site for DOOL, and will be passing on scoops as they become available. When I am ready to start covering them more fully, I will let you know.

Gossip Column Disclaimer That Will Appear In Each Column!

This disclaimer will appear each week. Please keep in mind that these are rumors, and any gossip or rumors found within, are completely unsubstantiated. I know this goes without saying for most of you, but there are many new readers out there as well. So far, my sources have been pretty darn good over the years, and I am truly grateful. It would be pointless to have a gossip column without gossip, so you will find both fact and unsubstantiated rumors within these walls. Also, please note that actors are contractually bound by gag orders. They are not allowed to reveal whether they are leaving or not, until the network gives them the green light to do so. Insisting that actors speak to rumors that involve their relationship with their respective shows, places them in a very awkward position. Please keep all of this in mind as you read my column (which will come out every other week). In addition, I can be wrong, and freely admit this. When my sources give me what they have, it's what they are hearing backstage at that moment in time. They are the first to admit that stories can be scrapped or rewritten, with casting decisions changing frequently. I respect their limitations, and so should you. Most of what I hear are very early rumblings, but I will keep nothing from you either way.

Ok guys, away we go with this week’s dish!

Ravenbeauty's OLTL Dish

I told you in early March that Gigi, Marty, and Brody would all be out. Brody is the one I was referring to when I said, "One flies over the cuckoo's nest"! If you thought that John overreacted to the truth about Liam, you aint seen nothing yet! Brody will levitate and his head will spin proving that Linda Blair's rendition was tame by comparison! It will not end well. More deaths to come before the show takes its final bow. Remember that cup of "Java" I referred to? Jessica may be served a cup before the show ends courtesy of Antonio! If you are a new viewer, Java is the pet name for Jessica and Antonio Vega. Yes, those adorable little acronyms again (aren't they precious)! More returns will be announced, as the show gets closer to the final curtain. I can give you the backstage scuttle, but this does not guarantee that everyone will sign on the dotted line. This is simply an early list of names that has been batted around as possibilities for the finale. I'm not sure that any of them will even get stories. They may just be there for the final curtain to say goodbye (God, I have a lump in my throat just thinking about the end that will be here before we know it).

The characters being batted around for now are Karen Wolek, Tina Lord, Cord Roberts, Joey (Nathan Fillion may reprise for the finale), Max, Larry Wolek, and Cassie. I will give you updated information as I get it. The budget is very lean for OLTL right now (one of the reasons many are being cut from the show before the finale). We should know more by late August as more of the cast is cut (big exits coming in September)!

A big hug going out to my OLTL source who said to trust them when they told me that Matthew would live, (which I promptly passed on to my Facebook readers weeks back). You came through for me again (hugs and kisses)! Matthew awakens as a very different person, which will shake things up for all who love him. Jack is taught a very hard lesson leading to a shocking twist! Tess remains in control. Clint gets his heart. Will Antonio or Robert Ford be the endgame for Tessica? Stay tuned guys (they haven't decided).......

Rama finds it harder and harder to deny her feelings for Cristian. Cutter finally gets his. Aubrey loses out completely. Tea will face her worst nightmare. Nate is given shocking news about someone he trusted. Bo is there for Rex. Shane is out for revenge. Things go from bad to worse. Who gets caught in the crossfire?

Ravenbeauty's GH Dish

The halls at GH will suffer a massive quake in September with two major stars cut from the canvas (these are not supporting roles)! The focus will be more on the Quartermaine's for a reason! One long time vet is expected to walk when the news is handed down (another is also expected to give ABC the finger)! I'm not touching this one any further! I'm stunned right now, by what I was told! Alan Quartermaine you have been missed. Paging Bobbie (smiles). If anyone tells you that General Hospital is NOT going to look a bit like Llanview or Pine Valley when the shows end, they are lying to you! Just found out that a few key AMC stars are being offered some rather interesting roles. General Hospital still has a year before they wrap, and jobs are hard to come by! Recasts are also coming! Be prepared............

I hinted that JFP would be out in my Guza reveal, and as I told my Facebook readers, look for Valentini to take over when OLTL is done taping (they were eying Rauch as well). I will be the first to tell you that having Tomlin loose out there could shake things up. This is about to get very interesting!

A very unlikely couple develops feelings for one another and a certain someone won't stand for it. Bye Bye Jax! Bye Bye Brenda! Hello Kate! Someone very surprising is being eyed right now for this. Some will be happy, others will hurl. I guess it depends on what side of the coin you’re on! I'm not getting much storyline stuff just yet because GH is locked down tighter than a drum with almost everything Guza related, tossed out! I should have more soon!

OK guys, I'm outta here! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! XOXO!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- joi, 01:22:54 06/18/11 Sat [1]

Thanks for all the spoilers.Do you have any information on kristina/ethan? Are they going forward with that?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Pam, 09:56:06 06/19/11 Sun [1]

Is Dorian going to die? Who gets caught in crossfire?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Erinnicole, 10:20:26 06/19/11 Sun [1]

Thanks for the info as well. Can you tell me when Brody with leave the show or when he will be off the canvas at OLTL. You can e-mail me and tell me if you need to.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- JoAnnZinaman, 10:31:56 06/20/11 Mon [1]

Hello RavenBeauty. Jessica came out and Confronted Natalie and Brody. Jessica went home to her Children. I thought that Jessica would maybe Stay out until the End of One Life To Live in January. Why does Jessica Turn back in to Tess? Will Jessica Stay as Tess until the End of the Show? Jody

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- ALVA (happy), 14:15:54 06/20/11 Mon [1]

Hello Raven,

This is my first time reading your column and I feel the same as you about ABC cancelling GH. I sorry that you aren't getting the credit for the information you give. Will with this article it should improve.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- dr.ivankipling, 01:43:43 06/18/11 Sat [1]

More ants huh Raven?Wonder if Sam's will give me a discount on bug spay if I buy in bulk.
You keep keeping on Raven!So many of us out her appreciate you for taking the time out of your life to do this for us!! :)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Debra Kramsky (FACEBOOK), 07:28:56 06/18/11 Sat [1]

I lost you on FB!! What happened???? I been looking for you. Did you unfriend me??

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Fabulous read!, 02:16:09 06/18/11 Sat [1]

I was just over on your facebook and agree with everyone else. You seriously rock! I think it's awesome that you are so outspoken and honest! We love you girl! Love the new pictures (I am a Sammi fan from way back)! So glad that you will be covering DOOL! You are the best! XO!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Angel, 02:18:30 06/18/11 Sat [1]

Raven... are Sonny and Jason the two major characters?! Or is it Jason and Sam?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Catherine, 03:09:15 06/18/11 Sat [1]

Thanks for the spoilers

So glad that you are watching and doing spoiles for Days of Our lives.

This is one of the first soaps that i watched and still watching today.

I hope AMC and OLTL and GH can be saved and go to Cable or somewhere else.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- kathie, 04:05:48 06/18/11 Sat [1]

Ravey! much love and respect!! very excited for coming s/l and returns!! karen and larry!-wow been longtime but absolutely love them!! oltl is hot hot hot right now an all fingers an toes crossed the show continues some place! as well as amc and gh!!! plz dont get discouraged by the butt heads out there!!! YOU ARE A CLASS ACT AND AWESOME!!! til u next post--

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Yolanda, 04:45:30 06/18/11 Sat [1]

Who is JFP? Is this a character or some writer?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Christina, 12:32:17 06/18/11 Sat [1]

Jill Farren Phelps...executive producer, and a bloody horrible one at that! She's been making huge screw-ups on every show she touches for years. I'm frankly shocked she's been able to hold onto the job this long...

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Soaphead (heartbroken), 05:06:23 06/18/11 Sat [1]

I am still just heartbroken over OLTL above the others. Melissa Archer said they would "Rock it till the end" and they are doing just that. Bless their hearts. I wish Sony would concider OLTL it would do great along side Days.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks so much for all this fabulous scoop! What an -- LAwoman, 06:30:59 06/18/11 Sat [1]

emotional roller coaster all this has been. I am devastated over losing the shows, but excited about the returns and story line twists. OLTL has been kicking butt lately and I'm hoping your GH leads that will be gone would include Sonny. Fingers crossed. Thanks for all you do and for taking all the crap that comes at you just to give us these great columns. Love ya!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- anon (GENERAL HOSPITAL cont.), 07:24:53 06/18/11 Sat [1]

i think sam (kelly monaco) is out... and the surprise couple is maxi and jason. kate recast will be tamara braun, but perhaps she'll be paired with someone OTHER than sonny, but prolly not. i imagine brenda will return sooner rather than later and make kate nervous....

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Roxanne, 14:59:19 06/18/11 Sat [1]

Just want to clarify something. I've read your GH info twice and got two different impressions. First impression was that 2 actors were being fired but they were two separate incidents. Then I re-read and I got two major stars are fired - the fall out is that they expect that 2 more may leave based on those being fired.
Is that correct 2 major stars (as apposed to leads) are definitely out thanks to TIIC and there is possibly 2 more who will go based on those firings. I got the impression that Mo and TG may be the ones they expect to leave based on who has been fired. Corrdct or totally off the mark?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- AC, 04:41:24 06/19/11 Sun [1]

Thanks for the rumors! You really made my day with the new of the potential OLTL returns. I have wanted to see Dr. Larry back again for years and he truly deserves to be there at the end since he was the longest-running original character besides Vicki and got no sendoff at all. It will also be great to see Max, Cord, Tina, and all those others mentioned there again once more for the ending.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Yolanda, 16:50:41 06/20/11 Mon [1]

i would *love* if nathan fillion comes back before the end. it really irked me how awful the current joey is and then right before his scene starts up they show a castle commercial with my favorite joey.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Jean (peeved), 05:29:15 06/21/11 Tue [1]

What I'm getting from Raven's stuff is that one major star leaves (I'd guess Sonny, Jason, or Sam.) and another one is "expected to give ABC the finger." Based on the way Raven phrased it, I'm going with TG as the second departure.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Carol Lohuis, 06:53:19 06/21/11 Tue [1]

Raven, Have loved your column for several years now. Just want to pass on that when Googlinig you, I only had to type "R-A-V" and your name was at the top of the list. I will have to check out DOOL, thanks!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Dinah, 09:38:42 06/21/11 Tue [1]

That is an impressive list of potential returns for OLTL. I hope we get a few of them. I would especially love to see Karen Wolek, AE as Tina and Nathan Fillion as Joey. I'd also love to see DG return as Kevin. I'm loving Roger Howarth and OLTL so much right now, it's better than it has been in years, IMO.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Donna (Sad), 03:32:47 06/23/11 Thu [1]

We love General Hospital and we want our save soap to continue.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- PAULA D. CHAMPION-BRAIG (HAPPY), 09:48:04 06/24/11 Fri [1]

"THANK YOU," RAVENBEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!! I SOMETIMES CAN'T FIND YOUR NEW UP-DATE AND I GO CRAZY. YOUR THE BEST AND ANY JACK--- THAT HAS ANYTHING BAD TO SAY TO YOU, PLS. CONSIDER THE SOURCE. IT SEEMS THERE ARE A LOT OF "YOU OWE ME" PEOPLE OUT THERE. I MISS THE AMC UP-DATES, I WILL MISS YOU WHEN AMC GOES OFF THE AIR. A SAD-SAD-SAD TIME. I NO LONGER WATCH ABC EXECPT DEP. HOUSEWIFES. NOTHING ELSE!!! I EVEN WORTE TO DIANE MILLER, DISNEY'S DAUGHTER. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOU GREAT WRITING AND WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN...I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED IT.
YOUR FRIEND,
PAULA

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- K, 05:34:50 06/27/11 Mon [1]

ABC and Disney don't care about our Soaps, just Mickey and Minnie.....and how much money they can put in their pockets. But that's life these days money, money and more money.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- Fy'Ma, 11:28:41 06/27/11 Mon [1]

So, read on a different site that the big shake up at GH (actor wise) is TG and JJ walking - which would leave RH's character with no tale of two fathers and going after the local blue-eyed gangster,if indeed the mob is still around in the new regime - any truth to this?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Red Hot Spoilers, Rumors, News & More! Updated 6/17/11! -- rochelle, 01:01:31 06/29/11 Wed [1]

who is TG and JJ?

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.