VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:52:20 12/24/12 Mon
Author: Good Will Talking
Subject: A few more FB postings

Here are a few more recent postings from RB's Facebook page -
From 12/20/12:
Hey Guys, The Epidural has been canceled for now. I've been nauseated and having fevers, and was afraid to push the envelope (they didn't want me in there with a fever either). We are going to revisit it once we know how I am going to respond to both chemo's. I just can't take any chances with anything going wrong before we get that port implanted in my chest on the 28th (right after Christmas). The more we researched this shot and it's possible ramifications (a lot of people with problems after getting this shot), we realized it was a mistake to do right before surgery and chemo (having a fever was the final nail for us). I am going to keep using the Oral Steroids for now, and pray that it doesn't go back up to the level that it was at for those 5 weeks starting on October 14 (Nightmare). The Oral Steroids and Percocet are keeping it in check for now. I just need to not have anything go awry before this port and chemo. My Oncologist said the fevers are coming from the Angiosarcoma. I keep feeling this sense of urgency as I have never felt before throughout this ordeal. Just feeling sicker and weaker. It's that feeling when you know something is changing for the worse.

Chemo must start on the 3rd of January as planned or I think I will have pushed the envelope too far. We are trying to stay away from sick people and wearing masks out as much as possible. I spoke to the hospital and was lucky enough to talk to a really sweet lady there who scheduled all of my chemo sessions for the first month (all on Thursday afternoons), which is easier on John's job. Not everyone at this hospital is as friendly or helpful, so when you get a break, it really matters.

As for the blessings I do have, there are many. I am looking forward to a cozy English Christmas with John. Come hell or high water, we are going to have a traditional English Prime Rib with Yorkshire pudding (my first). My beloved Mom always made this for us at Christmas, but this is my first try at Prime Rib. All set thanks to so many Youtube's and wonderful Internet sites. I haven't had Gulliver's Creamed Corn in ages, so that will be such a treat (making that too). We are going to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" and probably "A Christmas Carol" one last time (love love love this movie, but only with Alistair Sim)! This Christmas is special. It's an important one, and we are going to make it the best yet. I am blessed to have so much positive energy and love around me at a time when I am feeling incredibly scared and incredibly vulnerable. I realize that this is indeed a blessing in of itself. I know that God is with me and hears my prayers every night. I was a stranger for so many years, but he doesn't seem to care about that. I know he is truly with me. It's never too late to develop a relationship with him. Dreaming a great deal about my Mom and Grandmother lately, so I know they are coming around. I can feel them. Christmas has taken on a whole new meaning for me this year. I see the incredible beauty in so many things that I once took for granted and just expected to be there. Feeling Christmas is so different than just doing Christmas. We feel it this year (John and I). So grateful to have him in my life.

He is going to hold my hand through every treatment. We bought these special bags from a medical supply house to have in the car on the way home from each treatment, because we honestly don't know what to expect, so covering all bases. Getting closer to everything now, but nothing can take Christmas away from me. I hope wherever you are and however you choose to spend Christmas, that it's filled with love, light, and nothing but pure joy. It will be beautiful. There are some things that nobody can ever take away from you. I love you guys and hope you are gearing up for the big day with smiles, joy, and lots of wicked holiday treats (calories be damned)! XOXO! ♥

From 12/22/12:
Today was a good day! Spent a lot of it doing research because I realized that I had spent so much time researching alternative remedies without ever looking into managing chemo! Learned a lot today! Some huge pearls that should help me with the Abraxane (Glad I bought that Alpha Lipoic Acid)! Sticking with my ESSIAC as well. Got a lot done!

I am so behind out here! I am only now catching up to posts from early December, but I simply had to share what Charlotte posted on my wall December 6, 2012. What an inspirational story! An unexpected surprise that will touch your heart! Thank you so much for posting this on my wall! I'm sorry it took me so long to see it! XOXO! ♥
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, th
e donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

MORAL :
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.

2. Free your mind from worries - Most never happens.

3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less from people but more from yourself.

You have two choices... smile and close this page,
or pass this along to someone else to share the lesson.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: A few more FB postings -- Chris, 16:06:09 12/26/12 Wed [1]

HAPPY HOLIDAYS RAVEN BEAUTY!!!! I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO GET BETTER AND FIGHT THIS HORRIBLE CANCER!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: A few more FB postings -- Anonymous, 04:45:13 12/27/12 Thu [1]

You completed my Christmas by hearing that you had such a Merry Christmas with John. I am feeling so much at ease now that you are going for the treatment and have such a good doctor and the people there are so kind to you. It's the way its suppose to be. Keep your spirits up and you will get through this and know that I am routing for you and sending you my love. May God Bless you and keep you safe.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.