VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:06:34 10/14/10 Thu
Author: Megan
Subject: Blackness-update
In reply to: johanna 's message, "coat colour" on 07:54:04 10/14/10 Thu

Johanna,

Thanks for your reply! :)

Just to kind of give everyone an update, he has been darkening up with his winter coat coming in!! In previous years he has not grown in this dark, and for once, I can no longer see a difference in color between his body and his legs! :) Before you could see the line on his legs where they got black and everything above on his body was still brown. This is his 1st Fall season being on a coat supplement. (Omega Horseshine). It seems to be working pretty well and his coat is nice and healty and DARK! :) The true test will be in the Spring when he sheds it out. Will it be brown again? Or stay black? :)

Just to kind of touch on the body clipping idea-I saw a Friesian at a show recently that was VERY bleached over the summer, he pretty much looked gold. When I saw him at this recent show, he was JET black again and body clippped. Hmmmmmm......

I'm not super concerned about his diet. I know he is on a very good feed and he is on the Horseshine as well, which is not just a coat supplement. So I'm pretty confident that he's getting everything he needs. :) I don't know if I want to have the vet poke and prod around if it's not necessary. He's kinda been through enough between getting gelded, infected incision site from the gelding, wolf teeth pulled, and on top of that he had a case of mites that needed skin & hair samples for the diag. He's only 3. If I run into this bleaching next spring and it's bad, maybe then I will do the whole deficiency test thing. But for now I kinda just want to leave him alone. Thanks again everyone for all your responses!

-Megan

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.