VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:49:56 02/26/11 Sat
Author: GC
Subject: Heat
In reply to: R V 's message, "climate and FRESIAN" on 04:37:59 02/22/10 Mon

Many Friesians are said to be intolerant of heat, and my personal experience with my own horse supports that observation. I live in a cool and very wet climate (much like Friesland from what I have heard) and I have been very happy with the way that my Friesian seems to be happy and healthy here. He is MUCH happier and more energetic in cool weather, even very cold weather, than he is in the summer sun. Being largely from a northern European gene pool, I guess you might expect that. I have also heard of many Friesians living happily in sub-zero temperatures in Alaska and Canada. On the other hand, I know there are some beautiful Friesians living in hotter climates around the world. I hope someone from a more southern clime will offer their experiences with Friesians and heat/humidity.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.