VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:56:07 04/07/11 Thu
Author: V Fossum
Subject: Manecare (again)

I know this topic is probably the one topic repeated over and over again on any friesian forum, but I can't quite find the right answer for the experience I have had with my friesian.

I haven't had him very long, about a month and a half, and the previous owners never really did anything with his mane, always leaving it loose and not cleaning it terribly much either. Now, his mane Is long, about to the point of his shoulder, but there are a lot of short hairs everywhere. His mane grows out really thick, he has a LOT of hair, but the ends are really thin so a lot of it has obviously broken off. Along his topline he has a little crest of short hairs which doesn't actually look broken, so they may be new hairs growing out. When I take his braids out I find little tufts of hair broken off too, about two or three inches from the roots, not by the rubber bands. I have never seen him rub.
Now for the questions;
Will this help if I just wash his mane of excess detangler and start over,his hair is a bit dry?
Or should I just not braid him, leave it loose like his old owners did?
Or is it from braiding too tight? Since he has a lot of short hairs the braids really only last a day or two if I don't braid it relatively tight, and I don't want to braid it that often 'cause I just feel like more hair will break if I do. His tail has none of these problems, he has an extreme amount of hair. This would be easier if I could post pictures, but this will probably give you guys a clear picture. I apologise for the looong question, but I thought it best to give a thorough description

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.