VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:37:25 06/08/11 Wed
Author: Ileana
Subject: Yes they can be Tough
In reply to: Allison 's message, "Friesian quitting" on 13:13:15 06/03/11 Fri

Well my Friesian just turned 4 also. And I donít ride him - I want the trainers to do their thing until my horse understands his cues very clearly.

As an amature, I donít always give clear cues and I donít want to 1) confuse or frustrate my young horse and 2) ďnagĒ him with my cues and make him dull.

I was told that his damn was very ďlazyĒ. Was she mishandled or lacking in nutrient? I donít know, but I decided to proceed cautiously with my horse to develop him. Ever horse, regardless of breed, is different so you work within their mental and physical ability to bring out the best in a fair slow methodical way.

When he was a bit younger, I saw him quit at the trot and then later on at the canter for the professionals a lot. He just didn't get it and at times he didn't want to do it. It takes patience, give-and-take fairness, and sometimes tough love.

Since his trains are in Texas and I live in Michigan I have not seen my horse for about a year. I am told my horse is anything but lazy, willing to please and I understand that he has a lot of get-up-and-go from where he WAS A YEAR AGO. That would not have been the case if I took a different training approach.

One more note: Yes you do need to be a very athletic rider to get these horses to perform to their best ability. They can be tough to ride compared to other breeds. Very physical riding is needed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.