VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:16:54 07/15/11 Fri
Author: V Fossum
Subject: Keuring! scary! Won't trot ^^;

I'm showing my boy for the first time soon, and I'm scared ****less. Not really, but, you know. I really want him to do good, but when I have tried (just a few times) to lead him in trot, I can't seem to get him to move his feet. He always walks a bit slowly when I lead him anywhere, sort of following behind, but he's not lazy, I think he's just been taught to walk behind. When I try to get him to trot he just doesn't seem to understand, I have tried to keep a whip in my left hand and sort of tap him when we (I) start jogging, but I always end up dragging him along while he just walks after me, not terribly fast either. I tried once in the paddoc and since we were outside and there was things to look at, I actually got him trotting beautifully and energetically, but I think that was just 'cause things were exciting. I'd like it not to be a fluke when it really counts. I know there's gonna be professional handlers that will do the actual running there for me, and their experience combined with all the stuff going on will probably ensure that things go smoothly, but I'd like to not have to gamble on that. And i may have to show him for a vet or farrier once so I have to get this down. I mean, I have had other horses before, and I have never had this problem, but for some reason I just don't seem to get it with this guy. It's probably my fault, but does anyone have any brilliant tips for me? I have a month to get this stuff in order . . .

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.