VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:21:37 07/08/06 Sat
Author: Kelsey
Subject: Inspections
In reply to: California 's message, "Keuring Prep & Runners" on 14:20:32 07/08/06 Sat

The keur, at least in our area, almost always has an order of go set up by the site coordinaters beforehand. The group running schedule is almost always the same:
Foals
Yearlings for foalbook (if any)
Mares for Studbook
Repeat Mares for Ster
Model Mare (or any other mare evaluation if any)
Geldings for Studbook
Repeat Geldings for Ster
Stallions

As for the exact order of go within the groups, usually it is done alphabetically, though it depends on the coordinator. Whether you think this part will be political depends completely on what you expect of the coordinator, though I wouldn't expect so.

As for the runners, those that frequent our circut are great, and while they do get tired..they do not show it. They are very proffessional, and do the best job they can with the horse they have. At some past inspections, our runners have walked around, watching carefully and giving pointers to owners who are walking their horses for the final evaluation (walk slower..longer steps..ja..good.) At the end of one Inspection, one of my friends who had a number of horses in the keur, was joking around about how they must be worn out. One of the runners laughed and offered to do another sprint around the grounds...and he did. At last year's keur, they all did a final high-stepping run with each other around the ring. So I wouldn't worry about it, those guys do not get worn out.

I hate to say it, but when I hear complaints about the inspections being too political I find they are usually exaggerated by that person to make an excuse for why their horse didn't do as well as they wanted them to. There are always alot of high and often unrealistic hopes on keur day, which is completely to be expected.

Everyone loves their horse and is convinced they deserve to go Ster, but it is really better to be realistic and know your horse might not end up with a top rating. After all, only a very small percentage of the Friesian population recieve the Ster status.. it is very prestigious, so you can't expect every horse to get it. If he does.. you should be whooping with joy and excitement, but you shouldn't go into it -expecting- that much. This isn't a show..this is an honest and very technical evaluation of your horse's value to the studbook. It often can come across as brutal, and while the judges can differ in their personal evaluations of the horse, they know what they are looking at.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• keuring dvd's -- Megan, 05:58:51 07/17/06 Mon
  • Runners -- California, 14:42:32 07/17/06 Mon

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.